New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Book Cover Competition for Thursday Next
Posted by: Mariel (---.sip.asm.bellsouth.net)
Date: November 04, 2008 02:18AM

I think the book covers for the books could be so much more imaginative, to match the content of the books. Quite frankly, I've been disappointed by the versions available in the states and the ones available in the UK are not much of an improvement. I would love to see a competition for new book covers for the series.

Is anyone else interested?

Re: Book Cover Competition for Thursday Next
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.41.88.175.sub.mbb.three.co.uk)
Date: November 10, 2008 09:33AM

Hi Mariel,

I think that the book jackets are in the domain of the publisher (and I must admit to liking the "second-hand" style of the U.K. hardback dust covers).

Even if someone could come up with a professional-quality series of jackets, they would still need to convince the publisher of the need to change.

You will find a huge range of pies and perhaps some drinks and cakes in the Nextian Chat forum. Chocolate may be available.

Posted by: bunyip (---.plain.net.au)
Date: April 11, 2012 05:21AM

No, they are not.

Speckles has been back.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.bb.sky.com)
Date: April 11, 2012 09:27PM

Fortunately as those pies are 4 years old, Speckles is welcome to them.

I think that you will find that Specles is well enough aware of the dangers of falling through a pie crust to be wary of eating all the pies.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.