New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
British Reference notes - a note
Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: October 30, 2002 04:15PM

<HTML>Mr. Fforde has very kindly and generously added my annotation efforts to the Reader's Nugget's section of his website (at [www.jasperfforde.com] ) and also added some additional notes of his own. So if you want to know what a pukey is, it's on there. I propose to send further instalments and updates directly to Mr. Fforde, so they can be already formatted in the right font etc. and therefore save him precious writing time when putting them on. In other words, I wouldn't also post them here. What do fforumers, and especially Mr. Fforde, think of this plan?

I also gather from the Reader's Nuggets page that I have been promoted to sloop. This is all very well, but it doesn't sound as good as destroyer does it? (Although considerably better than frigate).

Jon, who really ought to get some work done.</HTML>

Re: British Reference notes - a note
Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: October 30, 2002 05:12PM

<HTML>Now he's Mr Fforde, is he Jon? ;)

I still call him Jasper :D

I loved it! And his notes too.
yes, I don't mind checking that page for your updates :)

Is it just my feeling, or do we encourage Jasper to do great things with this site? :)

*jumps around excitedly* he mentioned TN4, he mention number 4!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(lol)

Btw Jon, he added your Jeeves too :D
(just mispelled your name to John at the end ;))</HTML>

Posted by: Terry Peterson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 01, 2002 01:00PM

<HTML>Jon,

So I guess Jasper's a Beach Boys fan! Sloop John B is one of my favorite BB songs.

You should be honored to be a part of the punnage in the Nextian universe!

Terry</HTML>

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 01, 2002 01:25PM

<HTML>Oh, I am, I am...and yes, I like the Beach Boys, and have been singing the Sloop John B for the last three days. We used to sing a different version of it at school, so I knew it long before I heard Mr. Wilson's arrangement.</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: November 04, 2002 01:48PM

<HTML>I've had that song running through my head for the last several days myself. I got out my Kingston Trio recording to see if listening to it a few times would help get it out of my head, but the experiment was a failure.
I want to go home.
-Magda-</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.