New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Happy Birthday Ooktavia!
Posted by: all-american-cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: November 01, 2002 03:49PM

<HTML>Hippo-birdie, two ewes,
Hippo-birdie, two ewes,
Hippo-birdie Ooktavia!
Hippo-birdie, two ewes!

And MOOOOOOny more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(Just a little down home, on the farm, American humor)

Twila (and the gang, I'm sure!)</HTML>

Re: Happy Birthday Ooktavia!
Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 01, 2002 04:36PM

<HTML>Oh God yes, I almost forgot...many happy returns from all here in Blighty, Octavia, and we are not in the least jealous of anybody spending the winter in Australia, my God no, we aren't downhearted by torrential rain, freezing cold winds, and now we get bloody earthquakes as well....

Anyway, enough moaning about the weather, I hope you had a good 'un - well, I know you did, you were reading LIAGB all day!

Have a drink for us...not too many, now....</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 02, 2002 12:05PM

<HTML>It was raining yesterday, yet I was happy! I finished LIAGB just in time for the barbecue before we all went out and got unfeasibly, not to say waggishly, drunk. I was not toxicated- I can remeber every single drink I had. And how I got covered in chocolate milk (drinking compo. won free pizza. What fun we had)
Do you reckon the entropy measuring device would work with non-legume like objects? If so, my tub of M&Ms would qualify, as they're all differant coulours...
hhhhhmmmmmm</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 03, 2002 09:04PM

<HTML>M&Ms would do the job, I guess.

Happy (belated) Birthday!

*hangs head in shame*</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 04, 2002 08:11AM

<HTML>Happy birthday!!!!
I don't think I'm belated coz I said it last thursday LOL

*hugs*

YAY M&Ms! You gave me such a great idea, Octavia.
The thing is: would you be able to resist having a jar full of M&Ms and leave it alone? Or would you start nibbling one today, another tomorrow, and so on? Soon the only entropy conclusion would be "I can't resist chocolate" ehehehe</HTML>

Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: November 04, 2002 10:24AM

<HTML>happy even more belated birthday! My excuse (if you can call it that) is that I had a day off to play with Eddie and we went nowhere near an internet access point, just went shopping instead!

Hope you had a grand day. Did you save any M&Ms for us?</HTML>

Posted by: charles ronayne (---.liv.ac.uk)
Date: November 04, 2002 04:25PM

<HTML>Hmm I appear to have missed something. *pauses to read through earlier threads*
Ah yes there it is. Blimey this is belated a little isn't it. Oh well, at least I am not the only one. In fact it would appear that I am in a belated majority, which is always an encouraging thing. My excuse, as it normally is, is football (yes good old British football) and the fact that I had a rather large essay on Richard III to be handed in. Still I hope its not too late to jump on the bandwagon :-)</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 06, 2002 12:08PM

<HTML>Football is evil and must be destroyed!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.