New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Philistines!
Posted by: Anne (---.dc1-cache2.syd.dav.net.au)
Date: November 06, 2002 07:59AM

<HTML>Hi I'm Anne and I'm new to the Fforum. Just thought I'd introduce myself. OK I know it is my third posting!!

Have any of you come across any anti-Fforde people? I got my copy of TEA for free (always a good thing!) from the manager of my favourite?! bookstore. She informed me that it was the worst book she had EVER read (this of course is incorrect as "The Dress Lodger" holds that honour!) and I could "bin it" when I realized this.

I loved it! Unfortunately, because she hated it so much I have to actually pay (sigh) for any further books by Mr. Fforde but I suppose there is always a price for pleasure.

PS They tell me she should be released from hospital some time in the new year.</HTML>

Re: Philistines!
Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 06, 2002 08:27AM

<HTML>Philistine indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome Anne, you qualify for a truly Nextaholic (not so) Anonymous :))) (see old thread)</HTML>

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 06, 2002 03:06PM

<HTML>Oh, there's lot of people out there who don't like Jasper's books. And who cares what they think? Some people just don't like it. Some are just not intelligent enough to get it. Fair enough in both cases. Takes all sorts.

But the ones who get my goat are the ones who don't read to enjoy themselves, but read (or pretend to read) to appear clever or cool. These I have no time for. Anyone who meets one of these (I call them tompaulins) should engage them in philosophical debate, seek to enlighten them as to the true state of things, and when they're not looking kick 'em inna fork.

That'll show them what quality writing is.</HTML>

Posted by: jack spratt (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: November 18, 2002 05:23PM

<HTML>i've had the same problem everybody i borrow my books to return them half read claiming they are garbage no taste any of them i say!!!!!!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.