New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Posted by: Anne (---.dc1-cache2.syd.dav.net.au)
Date: November 12, 2002 06:23AM

<HTML>Ben, 384, "nuff said!!!

Notice how I didn't mention the"A" word. :-) And seeing I've probably peeved a few
people already it possibly might be wrong of me to mention that it was about 35 degrees C in Melbourne today.

Changing the subject completely, Jasper what about introducing a character who, annoyingly, quotes Baci wrappers eg: "Love is born in a place and at moment and is lost in infinity" What the...?!

Oh, and for Bea - "Amor nasce num lugar e num momento e se perde no infinita"

...or maybe I should give up eating chocolate!</HTML>

Re: 384
Posted by: Carla (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: November 12, 2002 07:33AM

<HTML>infinito... it's a male word

(i love baci! yummy)</HTML>

Date: November 12, 2002 07:55AM

<HTML>You are right Carla! I think I need glasses. They should have "Bacio for the Slightly Vision Impaired"! Maybe another new product for Goliath to develop!</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 12, 2002 08:35AM

<HTML>You love Baci, Carla? They're kinda yucky....

Give me a tablet of Nestlé Noir :D

lol Anne, a character speaking in cheesy quotes would be fun!</HTML>

Date: November 12, 2002 12:16PM

<HTML>didn't you know? next you'll be telling me i like After Eights!
;-P</HTML>

Date: November 12, 2002 12:51PM

<HTML>NOOOOOO I know *that* :D

So: will I get to meet the prince or not? I need a date to set my agenda, I'm already so busy there ;)</HTML>

Date: November 12, 2002 08:59PM

<HTML>email me when you are free then, we need to know in advance</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: November 12, 2002 09:07PM

<HTML>I DID!!!!!!!</HTML>

Date: November 12, 2002 11:20PM

<HTML>

you didn't tell me which days you are free from that week...

Please excuse my sister, this will go on email now...</HTML>

Date: November 13, 2002 12:32AM

<HTML>Hey Ben, wakie, wakies! What, no comment, no grumble of discontent!
No b!@#**! Aussies! Or, are you still drowning your sorrows.

I'm sorry I'm being mean. I haven't had my morning Bacio (of either variety) yet!</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 13, 2002 12:39AM

<HTML>Why should I? Let's face it, it saved us having to put up with <i>five</i> days of our asses being whupped!</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 13, 2002 12:09PM

<HTML>What is Bacio??????????????? A shortened form of Bacon? Writer or foodstuff??</HTML>

Date: November 13, 2002 12:47PM

<HTML>Octavia, it's Baci, italian for 'kiss' and a sort of chocolate thingie with sweet thingies inside lol</HTML>

Date: November 13, 2002 11:37PM

<HTML>Baci is Italian for kisses and bacio is kiss singular. Baci are also chocolate thingys etc.

That is why I said I hadn't had either variety yesterday. I've still only had the choccy kind, damn!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-(</HTML>

Re: Baci = Kisses?? I think not!
Posted by: all-american-cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: November 14, 2002 06:08PM

<HTML>You know, Hershey invented the chocolate kiss in 1907! (see [www.hersheys.com] ) so I doubt that Baci (manufactured by Perugina/Nestle) were around first, even though Perugina was also founded in 1907. (see [www.baci-perugina.com] )

But, all name similarities aside, both products are great in their own rights. Hershey Kisses have that wonderful mellow sweet milk chocolatey goodness that just melts delightfully in your mouth...simple perfection (and such an adorable shape).

And Baci are quite tasty little morsels as well. I think the chocolate quality is probably a little higher than Kisses are, but the price difference is unwarranted for that small difference. I think you pay for the special little messages.

Oh and here's something interesting...the urban legend of how Hershey Kisses got their name may actually be true! The machine that deposits the warm chocolate into those cute little mound shapes makes a "smooching" sound as it putts along, thereby giving the candies their sweet little monicker.

Pucker up and nibble your fave! It's chocolate...so it's all good!

~Twila~</HTML>

Date: November 14, 2002 11:47PM

<HTML>"aac" what I was complaining about was that I hadn't had any baci (kisses in Italian) in the real sense, but I'd only had the chocolate kind! I don't imagine I will be getting any real baci in the near future either (big sigh!)

On the last date (one of those group thingys) I had I was told I was a freak because I enjoy reading, history, linguistics etc. I have been informed that if I wish to date someone I will just have to change my interests and take up something "normal" like going to the "footy"!

Aaaah! That feels better! Thankyou all for letting me "vent". :-)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 15, 2002 12:25AM

<HTML>Anne - would ask, but certain geographical constraints...</HTML>

Date: November 15, 2002 05:49AM

<HTML>Thanks Sweetie, but there is an age constraint as well. I am old enough to be your mum!!!! :-)

Thanks for making me smile I've had a crap day!</HTML>

Posted by: Karen (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: November 15, 2002 07:50AM

<HTML>Hi Anne

Don't take up "ffooty" yuck! Hopefully reading TN and also this fforum has given you some comfort that some people do like books, literature, thinking! and so on apart from or instead of footy and television!!. Though I wish literature would be as popular and "normal" these days as a topic and entertainment as it is in TN's world

We will get together a Victorian (the state not the Age) Fforde group soon as you suggested.

When we organise it we'll post up the details and all Ffordofiles will be welcome - somewhere in Melbourne in the New Year.</HTML>

Date: November 18, 2002 12:00AM

<HTML>I've emailed the "other" Karen and am awaiting a reply. Are there any other Melbourne people there?</HTML>

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.