New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Just because...
Posted by: Anne (---.dc1-cache2.syd.dav.net.au)
Date: November 15, 2002 06:23AM

<HTML>I found this in MX (Melbourne's free afternoon paper) and I thought I should share it with you all 'cos I'm such a generous person! I also thought you couldn't get anything cheesier than a Baci wrapper, but I was wrong!!!!!!!

And I quote:

A policeman in Chile has caught a woman after she jumped from the second floor of a blazing building. Marcos Bastias encouraged Roxana Hildago Antunez to jump from the front window of her home in Santiago. Antunez was reportedly very scared and did not have the courage to jump until Bastias convinced her.

He said: "Jump and do not fear, dear lady. The arms of this strong policeman will receive you as if you were a feather or the breath of a butterfly in love."

Antunez then jumped, landing on top of the policeman. Antunez's weight of 60kg
was multiplied to almost 150kg because of the speed and the height from wich she had fallen.

I think Rove (Aussie celeb.) would say "What the...?!"</HTML>

Re: Just because...
Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: November 15, 2002 09:42AM

<HTML>fantastic. We love this kind of thing, don't we guys?

guys? gals? anyone?

*tumbleweed blows across the fforum*

ok, ok, I love this kind of thing.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: November 15, 2002 11:57AM

<HTML>Stupid events are always a laugh.

Unlike bloody trains... (for those who haven't noticed, I'm now able to waste my days as well as evenings! Hurrah!)</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 15, 2002 12:49PM

<HTML>Ben, I thought you were supposed to be living in Reading

and lol, the poor guy must have been squished

I'm now going to court. Why, I hear you ask? I don't know. I got a notice at home to go there today, I called to know about what, they said I had to go there to know... you gotta love portuguese burocracy *roll eyes*</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: November 15, 2002 01:12PM

<HTML>Things I don't miss about Portugal part 25446685</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 15, 2002 01:13PM

<HTML>It's not one of those Kafka things is it?</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: November 15, 2002 01:47PM

<HTML>Or is it related to your conviction?

yes, Bea is a convicted criminal... well just a traffic offence and it was suspended sentence (well if she did something wrong they would take her livense away)... and it wasn't her fault... honest!</HTML>

Posted by: charles ronayne (---.liv.ac.uk)
Date: November 15, 2002 02:11PM

<HTML>Sounds like something that happened to one of my uncles. Apparently he jumped from a fifth floor window during a fire and landed on a car. Walked away unscathed, although the car had a rather big dent all things considered. Thats just I've been told anyway, although whether I believe it or not is another matter. Our family stories are generally more suited to the nextian universe than anything else...</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 15, 2002 04:50PM

<HTML>Carla, Jon... something about a process that the cafe owner at the groundfloor of my building put about noise: and surprise, they got the wrong homeowner! It should have been floor 1, 2 and 3 above the cafe, they got floors 1 and 2 above the cafe, plus me, who doesn't even hear the cafe!

grrrrr will have to ask to be removed from the process....</HTML>

Date: November 17, 2002 11:32PM

<HTML>Don't be mean! I'm only a receptionist!!!!! I just thought it was funny! I mean come on guys, "breath of a butterfly in love"! Ok, OK I'm going back to my little reception desk now. Sniffle, sniffle!

I've just realized that the change has started! I've been working with lawyers so long that I'm beginning to find anything funny (sorry Jasper, Jon And Ben!) I'm turning into one of them, but without the pay!!!! :-(</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 17, 2002 11:54PM

<HTML>"First thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers"

No idea who wrote this, but I'm denying all knowledge ;)</HTML>

Date: November 18, 2002 01:23AM

<HTML>Can we add a "Boss Receptionist" to that hit list?

I have a theory that Mr. A.H. was a clone and the bovine entity that sits next to me is the original source for the cells used! Of course there were a few adjustments made in regards to sex and intelligence (especially intelligence!), but the pure, insane evil has not been tampered with!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.