New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jasper Fforde Appreciation Group?
Posted by: sue gedge (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 19, 2002 09:27PM

<HTML>Why not form a Jasper Fforde Appreciation Group? (Or something similar, perhaps with a snappier, more witty title i.e The Nextians, or Chronoguards Anonymous?) fte all, there seem to be a large number of us who are fanatical about Jasper's unique body of work. We could all picnic together on the downs near Swindon, feast on cheese, bring our binoculars in the hope of spotting mammoths, even meet Jasper himself!
Perhaps Jasper's publisher would like to ponder on this idea?</HTML>

Re: Jasper Fforde Appreciation Group?
Posted by: all-american-cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: November 19, 2002 09:52PM

<HTML>[pouting!] sounds good, but airfare does get rather pricey! But it still sounds like a whole lot of fun!

~Twila~</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.subnet-24.med.umich.edu)
Date: November 19, 2002 11:08PM

<HTML>I suppose we could form an American branch, but we'd still have a fair distance to cover -- looks like about an 8 hour drive just between the two of us, with the midpoint somewhere near Pittsburgh.
-Magda-</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 20, 2002 03:34AM

<HTML>How about a Virtual meeting? We all meet up online at the same time, with our own cheese- legal, of course, not smuggled and go from there. They can't get all of us at them same time if we're meeting over the web!*

*"They" not meaning Goliath, or SpecOps or ANYone related, of course!</HTML>

Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: November 20, 2002 12:47PM

<HTML>a virtual meeting with virtual cheese perhaps? Surely even Goliath can't object to that?</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: November 20, 2002 12:51PM

<HTML>No, but there'll be virtual taxes, no doubt.</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 20, 2002 03:00PM

<HTML>Can I be treasurer? I've never actually been convicted...the money was just resting in my account.....</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 21, 2002 11:01AM

<HTML>Does anyone want a cup of virtual tea while we think about it? You do. Ah, go on, you do. Go on go on, go on........

No, I believe in REAL cheese. It's out there....... somewhere.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah H Egginton (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: November 26, 2002 05:57PM

<HTML>Never could stand virtual tea, but I'll make virtual coffee for anyone who's thirsty.

If this group gets going, I'd love to join. So would my cat, Minsky, who is almost as alarmingly bright as the scientist after whom he is named. He says he'd like to join SpecOps himself, but he's rather mysterious about which branch he would prefer. Do they take cats??</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: November 27, 2002 10:59AM

<HTML>If they haven't got round to kicking me out, I'm guessing the entry qualifications are low enough for pets. Nice to see a new face around here, btw - welcome and enjoy...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.