New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Canadian Dodos...
Posted by: Numfar (---.hrwc.ns.ca)
Date: March 28, 2002 01:10PM

<HTML>Though I may be late to the party, I'd like to add my applause for Mr. Fforde on such a fantastic and fresh novel. My wife and I, working from a secure base in Halifax, Canada, have made it our own pet project to spread the news about the book to the far reaches of the colonies.

Thus far, we have accounted for no less than seven books sold in addition to ours. Six friends and my mother in law. I've also arranged for the book to be discussed by a book club I belong to in short order, likely meaning a few more sales.

Just a drop in the tea-cup, I know, but when we find such a fun book we must do what we can.

Thank you Mr. Fforde, for entertaining me. We await book two.

Numfar</HTML>

Re: Canadian Dodos...
Posted by: Russel Guppy (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: March 30, 2002 05:32PM

<HTML>Like you my partner and I have only just come to the party, but what a party. I have been avidly placing the Eyre Affair at the front of my local bookstores on a regular basis and extolling it's virtues to anyone who will listen. I have voted it the best sci fi/fantasy novel of the year in the UK magazine SFX and whilst I appreciate my vote is small, I know I placed it and that's all that matters</HTML>

Re: Canadian Dodos...
Posted by: Shadow (---.214.102.92.Dial1.Boston1.Level3.net)
Date: March 31, 2002 06:22PM

<HTML>I hand-sold five copies of the book in two days and managed to rocket Eyre Affair to the top of our bookstore's best seller list for that week. I've also made it a staff selection and plug it to anyone who even LOOKS like they might ask for a recommendation. I'm telling you, it really IS a virus, but a very very good one, of course. Can't wait for the sequel. :)

Shadow</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.