New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
liagb guide
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: November 28, 2002 11:25AM

<HTML>Don't want to pre-empt anything, but i've just bothered looking up Hispano-Suiza on the web...

Not going to get in one of those buggers now...</HTML>

Re: liagb guide
Date: November 28, 2002 11:27AM

<HTML>Er, after more ferreting it turns out they did actually make cars.

Dammit - the first page I got on google showed me a nice picture of a helicopter they were bunging a gearbox in.

Question - is changing gears in a helicopter a good idea? I'm pretty sure that hitting 'reverse' by accident might be a bad idea...</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 28, 2002 12:42PM

<HTML>I wouldn't take issue with anything Jasper writes involving any sort of vehicle with engines - my researches indicate he is very knowledgable on such matters!</HTML>

Date: November 28, 2002 12:48PM

<HTML>I'm discovering... I did originally think that naming a car after a helicopter only to have it plummet off an airship was a particularly good joke...

Talking of transport I had a great train journey on Tuesday - apparently somebody had committed suicide during rush hour, requiring every train to go extra slow and carry five times as many people. Not sure why this was deemed a mark of respect, but that's GWR for you. Anyway, I overheard a conversation about somebody also topping themselves at Reading last week, in front of a train coming in. 'What happened?' came the question. Before I could stop myself I said out loud 'Well, have you ever stood on a tube of toothpaste?'

Oops. I might have spent too long thinking about these kinds of jokes...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.