New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Oh, you made it then...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 28, 2002 10:27PM

<HTML>Apologies to the various people on trains I have accosted over the past week or so, demanding they come and join the fun here. In my defence most of them were reading either LIAGB or TEA, except for the poor girl who was forced to become intimate with my armpits due to FGWR cancelling all but one train during rush-hour to see what happened.

Does anybody else do this sort of thing? Or am I some kind of freak?

<i>(And if anybody reads this who has met me on a train from Reading, please say hello!) </i></HTML>

Re: Oh, you made it then...
Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 29, 2002 08:09AM

<HTML>LOL
I'd definitely do the same if I found somebody reading the books (I already do this net-wise, meaning I almost demand people I know (and don't know) at various forums to come here if I find out they like Jasper ;))</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: November 29, 2002 09:06AM

<HTML>yes, but, Ben, you are some kind of freak. Otherwise you wouldn't be here.</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.be.jnj.com)
Date: November 29, 2002 10:47AM

<HTML>Jon, that applies to both of us too then ;) and all the others around ;)</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 29, 2002 11:56AM

<HTML>I am not a freak. THe rest of the world is a freak for not being like me. (it's simlar to never being lost- you always know where you are, but not where anything else is)

That said, I am possibly a leeetle odd- only when without a good book to hand</HTML>

Re:Freaky
Date: November 29, 2002 12:02PM

<HTML>Octavia's point is a fair one. In an anti-intellectual illiterate world, people who enjoy reading literate and intelligent (but not pretentious) books have no pigeonhole for Society to put them into. We're a persecuted minority, comrades, and if we play our cards right we may get some sort of grant for it.</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: November 30, 2002 12:34PM

<HTML>Yes! and with that grant we could Buy More Books!!!
Comrade, I propose you for Leader of Our Underprivileged Minority Of Readers.
All in favour, say "Eyre!" ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: November 30, 2002 10:00PM

<HTML>I will accept this acclamation, but only if it means I can get people to send me money.

Actually, people are forever trying to send me money, but I stay true to my principles and reject capitalism in all it's forms. That and I don't quite believe all these nice Nigerians who keep trying to make me rich. I think they target me because I share a name with some lord high muck-a-muck in the HSBC Bank, so they think I'm loaded. As the Jewish vampire said to the bloke with a crucifix, boy have they got the wrong guy.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 30, 2002 10:43PM

<HTML>Crucifix joke c/o Jackie Mason: "I went to Rome and there wee guys selling crucifixes everywhere. Like the good Jew I am i tried to haggle. After I'd ogt him down to a good price I needed a new angle. 'How much for one without the acrobat?'"</HTML>

Crazy
Posted by: ScarletBea (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: December 04, 2002 02:00PM

<HTML>Ok, so we've all been bitten by the fforde vvirus:
there I was, walking round london's bookshops, just wanting to drag people to Jasper's books, and getting a huge grin on my face when I came across a shop window with the 2 books and a big 'manager's choice' sign next to it... LOL

Oh, and I just arrived in Bristol (staying with a friend, hence the comp) and when I stopped in Swindon I wanted to get out and investigate lol</HTML>

Re: Crazy
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 04, 2002 02:02PM

<HTML>Welcome back!</HTML>

Re: Swindon
Date: December 04, 2002 02:19PM

<HTML>Trust me, Swindon is better left to the imagination ...</HTML>

Re: Swindon
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 04, 2002 02:27PM

<HTML>Surely just 'left' ?</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.