New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Writing novels
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 04, 2002 11:08AM

<HTML>Er, I buggered off anyway, if you didn't get the message...

Why can i come up with loads of great ideas for research up until the point I switch on a computer or pick up a pen - at which point my eyes glaze over?</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 04, 2002 11:22AM

<HTML>Oh dear. Poor Ben. I'm afraid you are suffering from Inspirovores. This is a particularly unpleasant parasite which lives on creative ideas. However, it is often possible to get rid of an infestation by adopting regular sleeping and eating habits; the alternative is to think of something so weird that they choke. You could try staying off the dried frog pills for a week and seeing what you come up with.

Best of luck in dealing with them. :-)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 04, 2002 11:25AM

<HTML>Er: Weird thoughts - perfectly normal
Regular sleeping pattern - yeah, right - with this place and a computer in my bedroom?
Week off the frog pills - I need serious inspiration by tomorrow...</HTML>

Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: December 04, 2002 01:17PM

<HTML>I find that I'm full of clever ideas for other people's work, then sod all for my own. However, Mr Brierley has had some good ones (cheers Jon), which are as we speak being cunningly formed into the Monty Plot. Due credit will be given, but it may make the Acknowledgements longer than the actual book, damnit.</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.