New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Was wondering...
Posted by: Nay (---.86.234.24.lvcm.com)
Date: May 20, 2002 07:34PM

<HTML>Mr Fforde,

Your book is phenomenal! However, I see all these lucky people with all these little postcards that were inserted during booksignings. My problem is, I live in Las Vegas, and it seems that authors just avoid this city like the plague!! Do you have any plans on visiting Las Vegas for a signing? I sure hope so, I feel neglected.

Regards,
Nay

PS If this was an inappropriate area to post this, I apologize to all!</HTML>

Re: Was wondering...
Posted by: ChgoAnge (64.107.0.---)
Date: June 10, 2002 06:56PM

<HTML>Or Chicago! Why did ya skip Chicago?</HTML>

Posted by: larry day (---.steele.co.uk)
Date: June 27, 2002 12:58PM

<HTML>Forget the USA (and I mean that of course in the nicest possible way)- how about sunny Norfolk in the UK - we rarely get good authors doing signings up this way although Ottakars have been good of late.

Any chance you could find your way to the backwaters of england?!</HTML>

Posted by: Linzi Mathews (---.nhs.uk)
Date: September 09, 2002 12:45PM

<HTML>Not forgetting the Isle of Wight - the original, absolute, very-back-backwater.
We want to see you, Jasper!</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 10, 2002 09:27PM

<HTML>Isle of Wight nothing. Come to Stratford - we haven't had a writer here for, ooh, 400 years or so. See 'The Shapkespeare Theory' thread for a proper explanation of quaint Stratfordian customs...

Real backwater is Forest of Dean. 40,000 people and two surnames... Technically the people there are now clones....</HTML>

Posted by: Incognito (---.wellington-college.berks.sch.uk)
Date: September 20, 2002 05:01PM

<HTML>Clones indeed. Two signings and they'd all be pleased. Do a signing in Reading. Apart from it's ironic name for an author to come to, it's got nothing much to offer.

Except me, of course.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 20, 2002 08:02PM

<HTML>And me. Well, soon anyway.

It can't be that bad, can it?</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: October 22, 2002 09:41AM

<HTML>Why not Perth? It's one of the most isolated cities around- Western Australia, of which it be the capital, has less people in it than London, and is the size of Europe (roughly) Come to Perth, and bring the books with you!!!!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.