New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Shakespeare's mother
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 04, 2002 12:54PM

<HTML>I should stop worrying about it if I were you. Just take a few extra dried frog pills and put it down to experience... ;-)</HTML>

Re: Shakespeare's mother
Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 04, 2002 01:06PM

<HTML>..and just to make it worse, while trying to correct this and other errors, bloody bastard Microsoft Front Page went down on me before I'd saved my work. It'll take more than dried frog pills to get me though this .....grrrrrr</HTML>

Date: December 04, 2002 01:07PM

<HTML>I suppose I could always do some work ..... nah.</HTML>

Date: December 04, 2002 01:10PM

<HTML>Sorry to hear that. Feel free to moan while I provide a sympathetic ear. (Minsky's gone out, so he won't want to use the computer again for a while.)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 04, 2002 01:37PM

<HTML>ooh heck - looks like this 'work' thing might be catching - i even managed to write about forty words on my ideas for my research...

Now i'm knackered...</HTML>

Date: December 04, 2002 01:38PM

<HTML>it is catching - I've just had to do some! I wanna wage rise....</HTML>

Re: Cats &amp; Dogs
Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 04, 2002 08:15PM

<HTML>I've seen those dog and cat diaries before. However, the cat one I read was nearly 2 months long and it was HYSTERICAL! Each day was very different and ever so astute. I could see my cats plotting away like that. Except Scooter...he's really more like a dog. But he can speak like a human. He runs around the house all day following me and if he loses track of me, he wanders around going, "Mrr-om? - Mrr-om?!" like he's calling for Mom. It's too funny. And he only does that when he's looking for me. Otherwise, he just meows. Therefore, my cat can speak a few words of human!</HTML>

Posted by: Adam Brierley (212.137.30.---)
Date: December 05, 2002 10:56AM

<HTML>Our cat used to follow me round my paper round every morning (except when it was raining of course) and she also ate chips (french fries for our US Types) and mushy peas!</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: December 06, 2002 12:54PM

<HTML>I miss my sister's cat.(Burmese) She's in London and I'm in Oz. I never needed an alarm clock with her- she discovered an acute need for affection and tried to wriggle under the covers every morning at 6am almost precisely.........
She had to sleep on the bedheater's shoulder, so her face was pressed against the your face, and only her head was out of the covers. Once she'd got comfy, she'd purr amazingly loudly.
Her hunting instincts were also pretty good- she could attack a human shoulder from the ground without visible effort.</HTML>

Posted by: Minsky Cat (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:01PM

<HTML>Ooktavia, you are clearly a human in need of a purr. I am most happy to oblige.

Purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...</HTML>

Debugging
Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 09, 2002 12:40AM

<HTML>Cats have been turning up all over these pages - for advice on how to recognise this and possible cures see here for <a href="http://www.jasperfforde.com/probs2.html"> Mr Fforde's browser problem advice</a>.</HTML>

Re: Debugging
Date: December 09, 2002 01:28AM

<HTML>LOL! I went to the Browser problem advice page with my husband watching and had to show him...and he got a giggle out of it.

Then I said that it was "Bloody Brilliant" and he goes, "YOU'RE NOT ENGLISH!...YOU'RE AMERICAN!! It's not 'bloody brilliant', it's 'f*ck*ng brilliant!' Get it right!"

He thinks I spend too much time on the Fforum and that you lot are a bad influence on me! What think'st Thou?</HTML>

Date: December 09, 2002 01:57AM

<HTML>To the husband of AAC -

"Gosh! Bally sorry about your missus slipping into our beastly English there old chap, but as a matter of fact the superior English classes currently say '@!#$1ng' a lot more than 'bloody'. I don't mean to sound anti- American, it's a simply spiffing dialect and absolutely top notch for the purposes of those delightful moving pictures from Holywood, eh what? Anyway, keep yuor chin up and I'm sure she'll be right as rain tomorrow. Toodle-pip!"</HTML>

Date: December 09, 2002 11:38AM

<HTML>Laughed my socks off at the browser problem advice; from my personal experience, the only correct solution is the last one! (By the way, that furry backside looks not unlike Minsky's, except that he is darker coloured.)

Superior to _what_, Ben?! There are Brits and Brits. My personal opinion on this, for what it's worth, is that "@!#$1ng" is a lot worse than "bloody", and it's not a word I would use in any circumstances. If I am _really_ annoyed, I will very occasionally say "bloody", but that is so rare I don't think I've uttered it this year. On the other hand, although I wouldn't say sh*t, I have no problem at all with Jack Schitt and his ilk. Somehow that's different.

Minsky says "skrrrrk" when he's annoyed, usually with his infuriating little adopted nephew. <font color = "#FF00FF">I have a fairly good idea what that means, which is why I'm blushing all of a sudden.</font></HTML>

Posted by: polly (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 09, 2002 06:29PM

<HTML>Hey, how did Mr Fforde manage to photograph my cat? The study must have CCTV. Only, she usually sits on the keyboard. One of these days, she'll write a book, following on from the monkeys and Shakespeare principle. So far, she's having problems with the spelling.</HTML>

Date: December 09, 2002 09:53PM

<HTML>sarah - obviously you're as common as muck then ;) I mean - if the horse that daddy bought you for Chrsitmas stands on one's foot, precisely which word is one supposed to use?

As for sh1t - use scitan if proper Anglo-Saxon makes you feel better...</HTML>

Date: December 10, 2002 10:22AM

<HTML>Ummm. Admittedly my daddy is a little weird, but where would I keep a horse in a place like this?

Actually, I don't think I'd get as far as using any word at all. I think I'd just yell in agony. It's bad enough when Chomsky (who weighs in at 13 lbs and leaves all the thinking to his clever brother) stands in my lap and hits a nerve. Horses are heavier than that!</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 10, 2002 10:51AM

<HTML>If I saw a horse standing on one foot, the word I'd use would be 'blimey'</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 10, 2002 12:31PM

<HTML>Twila's would be 'Golly gosh!' if her English transformation is gathering pace...</HTML>

Date: December 10, 2002 07:02PM

<HTML>hehehehe yeah, something like that!</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.