New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Speaking of good camera work...
Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2002 05:02PM

<HTML>Just caught "Quills" again on cable the other night. And you know what, there is some great camera work going on in that film! Tough focus jobs, that's for sure! Lots of stuff through bars and doors, etc. And as a photographer myself, I know that can be VERY tricky.

I mean, do you keep the bars AND face in focus, do you only keep the face in focus or do you start at the bars and then to the face? It was very well done, indeed! (Way to go Jasper!)

So of course, even though I was dog tired, I watched to the end to see the credits and there he was! (along with Mari, FYI) Cool HUH!

And I've requested "The Mask of Zorro" dvd for Christmas, so I'll check his credit there, too. That's another great film. Love the action! (more complicated camera work, too!) I also think the lighting on that film is beautiful.

(good god, I'm starting to sound like an obsessed fan. But honestly, I'm not TOTALLY obsessed! I already liked these films before I even knew Jasper worked on them!)</HTML>

Re: Speaking of good camera work...
Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 05, 2002 05:05PM

<HTML>so what did Mari think when Jasper had to, ehem, pull the focus for Kate Winslet's nipple? I actually giggled to myself when I saw that shot and that was the very first thing I thought of and not that the Abbe was about to commit an act of necrophilia!

(odd movie about Marquis deSade for those of you who don't know)</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.