New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Ben, Ben, calling Ben!
Posted by: ScarletBea (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: December 05, 2002 08:37PM

<HTML>SO??????

Are you expecting to materialize in front of me tomorrow at anytime or do you actually want to know where in bristol I am, where to meet, when, and so on?

(btw, if you're going t materialise, dont forget to let me in on the secret later, and I'd still like to know about times, so you dont catch me at an awkward situation lol)

I started the way for another convert today, I bought TEA for my friend:D</HTML>

Re: Ben, Ben, calling Ben!
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 05, 2002 10:06PM

<HTML>Oh, yeah...

Will be around sometime mid to late afternoon. My supervisor got run over by a truck yesterday, so I might have to stay a bit later than I'd hoped to. What I'll do is text you when I leave work, and then text you again when I knoiw what time the train should arrive & meet you a the station, if that's okay? I'm having to return to Cheltenham rather than Evesham and get a lift, so I won't be able to hang about too late...</HTML>

Date: December 05, 2002 10:14PM

<HTML>erm, we dont have a car and the station is kinda far from the city centre, cant we meet there instead?</HTML>

Date: December 05, 2002 10:23PM

<HTML>and what exactly do you call mid to late?

please, if its really too much trouble for you, we'll leave it till another time, ok?
I dont mind, really, dont want you going to tons of work and spending and running around just for a few minutes</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 05, 2002 10:26PM

<HTML>I'll be about for a couple of hours. Probably get there about fourish. I can get a bus into the city centre if that makes it easier - but I have no idea where I'm going....</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 10:32AM

<HTML>Ok, been asking around for easier location: when you see a stretch of water going into a big square, you get out of the bus.
Dunno exactly what its called...</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 10:34AM

<HTML>Ok, been asking around for easier location: when you see a stretch of water going into a big square, you get out of the bus.

Date: December 06, 2002 10:36AM

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)

<HTML>If it helps you two any, there is a map of Bristol city centre, with bus stops etc. at this address; [www.firstcityline.co.uk];

Date: December 06, 2002 10:38AM

<HTML>If it helps you two any, there is a map of Bristol city centre, with bus stops etc. at this address; [www.firstcityline.co.uk];

Date: December 06, 2002 10:38AM

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 10:40AM

<HTML>Help! We're all bifurcating!</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 11:33AM

<HTML>Hang on while I sort through my collection of spheres in assorted sizes... ah, yes, that one should solve the problem...

A ChronoGuard's basic equipment consists of spheres, Ben, before you say anything. That's spheres. Not any other word beginning with B.</HTML>

Posted by: Pierre de Brighton (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 11:35AM

<HTML>Er, since when has 'sphere' started with a 'B'????????

You really ought to keep up with that course of mispeling vyrus vaxynations, you know.</HTML>

Posted by: Poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 11:40AM

<HTML>oops. blew my cover there....</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 11:43AM

<HTML>You knew what I meant. Don't be pedantic. ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Pierre de Brighton (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 11:47AM

<HTML>*innocent*

Had no idea to what you were referring. Some of us have been bought up to control our impure minds.</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 11:49AM

<HTML>H'mmm...</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 11:49AM

<HTML>ok, according to Jon's site, the correct stop (or at least the one where i got off yesterday) is the one right next to the Hippodrome, left side of the map.</HTML>

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.