New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Friday Jones
Posted by: Minsky Cat (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:03PM

<HTML>Oh, very clever, Ben... heheheheheheheheeee...</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:20PM

<HTML>Sarah, 38 isnt old!
Youre crazy enough to be here, so dont worry ;)
(Im 32 btw, nearly nearly 33)</HTML>

Posted by: Minsky Cat (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:34PM

<HTML>I know it's not old! It looks very much as though I'm about to be dating a man who's seven years younger than I am. As we say in the ChronoGuard, time is relative... ;-) And thanks for the compliment. "Crazy enough to be here" - that's the nicest thing anyone's said to me today. :-)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:35PM

<HTML>You should grow up and be sensible. Like, er, Jon.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:38PM

<HTML>Whoops. I accidentally borrowed Minsky's handle. Now I'm going to get miaowed out all afternoon.

Grow up and be sensible? Hey, I tried that years ago! Besides, just look who's talking... ;-)</HTML>

Re: TFI Friday Jones
Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:40PM

<HTML>Actually I think I've got less sensible as I've got older. I mean, I've got married ....</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:52PM

<HTML>I don't like Mondays (either). I just want to shoo-oo-oo-oot...the whole day down!!

(yes, there are a few Americans familiar with Bobby and the Boomtown Rats)</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:52PM

<HTML>oh, EXCUUUUUUSE me......<i>SIR</I> Bobby</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 01:55PM

<HTML>One of the all-time greatest bad taste songs. Love it.

Btw, Sarah, it's a small web .... I looked at your mate Nyder's site and on his list of mates was my mate Alice Dryden, who has a link off my website (and who I am trying to persuade to become a ffordean) .... shake that entroposcope</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 01:58PM

<HTML>Just going back to Octavia's family a mo, sibling Richenda got off light - could have been Oestenda .... leave it out</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 01:59PM

<HTML>Ah crap wrong thread. As you were.</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 02:00PM

<HTML>Nyder's a she! Her real name is Dr Fiona Moore, and she's the girlfriend of Alan "Kaldor City" Stevens. And I've met Alice at a Kaldor City event, though I'm not sure if she'll remember me. Tell her I'm the one with the hat, if she's puzzled.

Entroposcope reading is normal. Maybe it's not working...</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:06PM

<HTML>Further reading of the Nyder website leads me to wonder whether Jaspers' short name for Neanderthals, Thals, is actually a reference to Genesis of the Daleks? and if so, where are the Kaleds?</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:07PM

<HTML>I don't know. But take my advice and don't ask the excellent Alan, or you'll get an earful of more "Dr Who" than is good for anyone's sanity... ;-)</HTML>

Sunday!
Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 05:38PM

<HTML>Well,
<a href="http://phone.people.yahoo.com/py/psPhoneSearch.py?FirstName=&LastName=sunday&City=&State="> here's</a> a whole page of people called sunday (as a surname, does that count?). Ah, no, wait <a href="http://teaser.ussearch.com/teaser/teaser.jsp?TID=0&srcAdID=1060005061&adID=10002101&x=20&y=3&searchFName=sunday&searchMName=&searchLName=smith&searchCity=&searchState=&searchApproxAge=20">here's</a> a whole load called Sunday Smith, which day does that leave?</HTML>

Re: Sunday!
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 07, 2002 03:07PM

<HTML>This 'Wife 2.1.1' thing... Bringing a whole new meaning to plug and play...</HTML>

Posted by: Adam Brierley (212.137.30.---)
Date: December 09, 2002 10:58AM

<HTML>We're short of Mondays and Saturdays..........</HTML>

Date: December 09, 2002 11:18AM

<HTML>Husband 1.1.1 crashed, probably due to excessive alcohol intake. Wish I could get an automatic replacement, but I'd had him for thirteen and a half years so unfortunately he was out of guarantee. Grrrr.</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.