New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Simon Says...
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:21PM

<HTML>This won't work too well on Netscape browsers, but nevermind....

<marquee>...Simon says... touch your nose......Simon says... stick out your tongue......Simon says... roll your eyes......touch your toes......Simon says...make a funny noise......Simon says...smile......Simon says...blink......Simon says...wink at the attractive girl who sits opposite you............Simon says...hope that she doesn't report you for harrassment......tap your feet.........Simon says...do an impression of your boss. As a grapefruit.......Simon says...visit the fforum......Simon says...I enjoy the power......Simon says...I want one million dollars - put it in my account now.......make a sucking noise like a mechanic does before he charges you a lot of money......switch your computer off......Simon says...I hope you didn't fall for that one - but then you wouldn't be bale to see if......Simon says...make a noise like an ape with a kumquat......Simon says...burp......spin on your chair......Simon says...forget everything your mother said - strange men can be kind of exciting......Simon says...kick an elephant......Simon says...slurp your coffee and really piss off everyone else in the office......Simon says...wouldn't it be fun to go into the quiet carriage and sing out of tune to your walkman......Simon says...that's enough of that...</marquee>

How did you do?</HTML>

Re: Simon Says...
Posted by: ScarletBea (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:23PM

<HTML>do you really think we're crazy enough to play this over a comp?

oh right...

ooops...

(there was I, rolling my eyes and doing the other stuff LOL)</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 01:28PM

<HTML>See - I can still raise the intellectual level when I want to...</HTML>

Posted by: Adam (212.137.30.---)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:30PM

<HTML>Adam's boss says 'Here's your P45, wierdo, close the door on your way out'</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 01:31PM

<HTML>Tell him if he didn't say 'Simon Says...' then you're fine under union rules...</HTML>

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 01:31PM

<HTML>...yes, he's at Reading University apparently... pardon? He gets how much? ... and that comes out of public money, does it? .... Well, I'd like it stopped .... yes, immediately and with extreme prejudice ... there is a dole office in Evesham isn't there? ....</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 06, 2002 02:14PM

<HTML>if I were to bend over and touch my toes I would make a funny noise</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 02:15PM

<HTML>if i were to bend over and touch my toes it would be a miracle</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 02:54PM

<HTML>If I were to bend over and touch my toes I'd smack my head on my desk and fall off my chair, most likely.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 03:10PM

<HTML>If I were to bend over and touch my toes I'd get a really supercilious look from Minsky. And an expression of extreme puzzlement from his dopey brother Chomsky. (Sorry, Noam - if I had had a clue how that cat was going to turn out, I'd have had very major second thoughts!)</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:23PM

<HTML>Yeah well it's better than sitting in a garden wiith a fishing rod all day.</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:26PM

<HTML>Ooooh that was poor our kid</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 03:26PM

<HTML>Misspeling vyrus alert! lol

Actually, if you want to talk about _that_ sort of gnome, I've got a friend who I'm trying to persuade to become a Ffordian, and he'll be just right for this Fforum. He is writing a series of stories about Bung the Gnome Detective. (To avoid any possible misunderstandings, Bung is the character's name. Just so that's clear.)</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 03:39PM

<HTML>Is there anyone on the fforum *not* writing a novel/short story of some kind?</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:42PM

<HTML>me</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:44PM

<HTML>Me, I'm illiterate or illegitimate or something.....</HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:44PM

<HTML>but only because I spend all bloody day (and night) on this Fforum!

<font size="-2"><i>in all actuality, it's because I'm lazy and I'm really more of a reader and critic than a writer</i></font></HTML>

Date: December 06, 2002 03:45PM

<HTML>whoa, that was a little small...sorry :-D</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 06, 2002 03:46PM

<HTML>That's ok, I've got good eyesight!

Perhaps you could be our resident 'story-in-progress' critic? Jon's cast his eye over my effort and offered good suggestions already...</HTML>

Posted by: carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: December 06, 2002 03:47PM

<HTML>me, i had my writing phase at Uni, had a couple of stories published in the British Council Magazine, then started writing for a living (advertising) and didnt want to do it at home.</HTML>

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.