New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Simon Says...
Posted by: carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: December 06, 2002 03:47PM

<HTML>me, i had my writing phase at Uni, had a couple of stories published in the British Council Magazine, then started writing for a living (advertising) and didnt want to do it at home.</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)

<HTML>sure, not like I do anything else [wink]</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)

<HTML>"Illiterate or illegitimate". Reminds me of a lovely old comrade in the local Labour Party (back in the days when it _was_ the Labour Party - I'm no longer a member) who once solemnly announced that he had checked that everyone present was "illegible to vote" in some internal Party election or other. Good job his handwriting wasn't eligible, then.</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: December 06, 2002 10:54PM

<HTML>me, Im not writing anything as well</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: December 08, 2002 11:56AM

<HTML>I write poetry- does that count???</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 08, 2002 12:29PM

<HTML>Don't see why not.</HTML>

Posted by: charles ronayne (---.liv.ac.uk)
Date: December 09, 2002 12:41PM

<HTML>Hey thats me too unless you count long (and rather pointless) essays on John Ford and Blake's Marriage of Heaven and Hell. Well okay I dont mind Blake too much but Ford does my head in. But yeah no time to write novels or stuff. I have had one on the go for about three years but its going the same way as Thursday's seascape I'm afraid and I haven't got anything done since I got to Uni, so its kind of slipped too close to WOLP to be resurrected I fear.</HTML>

Date: December 09, 2002 01:47PM

<HTML>So I'm officially of the literary persuasion then? cool.

Anyone who wants to dare the anti-stalker photo (and has time to waste on the web) can have a look at my stuff- if you're really in the mood for some ugly Uni photos and a bit of rambling personal witterings as well as poems. I'm no good at IT, so I got a freind to build it for me.
Oh, yeah, and all the photos a delibrately non flattering, ok?

[www.angelfire.com];

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 09, 2002 02:12PM

<HTML>Yup, I think you may be fairly counted among the literary persons. I particularly liked the Troy trilogy; did you ever read The World's Wife by Carol Ann Duffy? These are poems that look at history from the distaff side - here's Mrs, C. Darwin;

"7 April 1852
Went to the Zoo.
I said to Him--
Something about that Chimpanzee over there
reminds me of you."</HTML>

Date: December 10, 2002 01:02PM

<HTML>Is she the one who did the poem about Wordsworth's sister?
I really liked that one! I'm glad you like them, I'm sorry the photos are just so bad- we didn't have many when we assembled the site, so we chose the least awful......</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 10, 2002 01:56PM

<HTML>Ben's Supervisor says (well, the ones that aren't in hospital) -

You're coming up with some good ideas, now turn them into a proper research proposal. Actually Ithe meetings about the project went okay, and gave me a chance to say 'Hi' to a couple of people. Couldn't think of any other thread to convey this information in, so bunged it here.

Didn't have the heart to tell them that I spend most of my time mucking about here....</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 10, 2002 02:00PM

<HTML>couldn't you link your PhD to the Fforum? What subject area are you involved in?</HTML>

Date: December 10, 2002 02:08PM

<HTML>'Geostatistical mapping of biodiversity' said the job description - and I'm not going to argue with that...

Basically trying to create (and more importantly test) a model of agriculture in a river catchment up in Perthshire. There's already been one created - but it's pants. i'm also going ot find out how far it'll stretch until the elastic breaks - which is the only thing close to here....</HTML>

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 10, 2002 02:16PM

<HTML>Ping!</HTML>

Date: December 10, 2002 02:21PM

<HTML>Yup - about that far....</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: December 10, 2002 02:41PM

<HTML>Hey congrats!
about the good ideas...

and dont worry about mucking here, just imagine: if you came up with the ideas being here, then think about the whole project done here! It'll be wonderful!!! ;)</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.