New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Eyre Affair on audio
Posted by: fiona crawford (213.249.157.---)
Date: July 19, 2002 10:49AM

<HTML>Is there anywhere in the UK where I can buy "The Eyre Affair" on audio or must it be ordered from the States? I want to take it on a very long plane journey with me. Will I be forcibly ejected mid-flight for driving other passengers mad as I gigle all the way through?</HTML>

Re: Eyre Affair on audio
Posted by: Jasper Fforde (---.man.dial.ntli.net)
Date: July 22, 2002 09:49AM

<HTML>Dear Fiona,

'The Eyre Affair' at present has to be ordered from the States. There are plans afoot to record a British version, but it won't be out for at least six months. 'Lost in a Good Book' will also be a talking book, firstly in the States by Highbridge Audio. But again, that will have to be ordered from across the pond. Because of the nature of talking books I put a few holorimic traps in 'TN-2' to see how they deal with it - not least how you pronounce 'Next's' ...

Cheers

JFf</HTML>

Re: Eyre Affair on audio
Posted by: JerseyTex (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: August 23, 2002 12:04AM

<HTML>Yes, you run a significant chance of annoying all the surrounding passengers if you listen to "The Eyre Affaire" on tape in the plane. I nearly wrecked the car (I listen during my commute.) and I had ALREADY read the book!

Another good author for getting through long trips is Terry Pratchett. I listened to "Thief of Time" twice in two weeks - I listened once on my commute, then when my niece and nephew came to visit and we had to drive from Houston to San Antonio to Austin to Houston, we listened again.

If it makes you feel any better, Pratchett is nearly impossible to get on tape in the States.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.