New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
LIAGB in Canada?
Posted by: Emily (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: July 21, 2002 04:51PM

<HTML>Can anyone tell me if "Lost in a Good Book" is availabale in Canada yet? I might be going up there next month and would love to search the book stores for it.</HTML>

Re: LIAGB in Canada?
Posted by: Laura (---.nt.carleton.ca)
Date: August 06, 2002 03:38PM

<HTML>I've been trying to find a copy too. It seems that the Canadian distributor is General Distribution (part of the Stoddart empire which is under bankruptcy protection).</HTML>

Date: August 16, 2002 03:05AM

<HTML>My Dad checked at one of the bookstores in Canada and found that it has not been distributed yet:(
I will just have to wait a couple more months for the release in US.</HTML>

Posted by: all_american_cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2002 06:31PM

<HTML>Just order it from the UK...shipping isn't that much more expensive than ordering domestically. How's your exchange rate for British purchases right now? Ours isn't "horrible" but not great either. I couldn't wait for the US version. I don't think it's due out until January '03! Can you wait that long? :-) Besides, if you're a die-hard fan, you wouldn't wanna wait anway!

Amazon.co.uk has decent prices on the paperbacks and Ralph Spurrier at Post Mortem Books in London (see Jasper's links) was able to get me a signed hardcover copy. Maybe he can get you one too. Besides, they're collectors items! Mr. Spurrier even called me in the US to do my credit card over the phone since I didn't want to send it via email. I think that's pretty cool.

Good luck!</HTML>

Posted by: all_american_cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: August 16, 2002 06:32PM

<HTML>Just order it from the UK...shipping isn't that much more expensive than ordering domestically. How's your exchange rate for British purchases right now? Ours isn't "horrible" but not great either. I couldn't wait for the US version. I don't think it's due out until January '03! Can you wait that long? :-) Besides, if you're a die-hard fan, you wouldn't wanna wait anway!

Amazon.co.uk has decent prices on the paperbacks and Ralph Spurrier at Post Mortem Books in London (see Jasper's links) was able to get me a signed hardcover copy. Maybe he can get you one too. Besides, they're collectors items! Mr. Spurrier even called me in the US to do my credit card over the phone since I didn't want to send it via email. I think that's pretty cool.

Good luck!</HTML>

Date: August 16, 2002 11:44PM

<HTML>Thanks for the help. I will have to check those out.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.