New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Christmas lunch
Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 07:26PM

<HTML>You know that spare???????

I figure nobody can really be expecting me to turn up at uni, besides they're all buggering off for a conference that they forgot to invite me to...</HTML>

Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 07:27PM

<HTML>And yes, I realise that Yorkshire is a long way away....</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 07:47PM

<HTML>Well, Ben, Wilfred says he can't wait to meet you! ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 08:12PM

<HTML>Well, hell. <I>Everybody's</I> going except me and people who live in foreign climes. Life just isn't fair. I shall eat noodles in solidarity, however, and derive some small consolation from that.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 08:36PM

<HTML>Minsky's not going. But don't let him near your noodles...</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2002 09:18PM

<HTML>Jon, didn't you mention you feel a cold coming on? Maybe you should tell your boss you feel like you're coming down with something. [GRIN] And your wife probably will catch it from you by then, so she could call in sick to work as well.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 09:28PM

<HTML>You know, I do feel like some of the 7 dwarves ...perhaps I am going down with something. Mind you my wife calls in sick from work all the time. She says, I'm sick of ironing, sick of washing, sick of cleaning, sick of cooking ....

Um, I can't. I'm the only one manning the phones at work on Thursday, and I wouldn't enjoy the noodles if they came with a side-order of guilty conscience. Let this be a lesson to you all; never work for your friends - you simply cannot shaft them the way you would with some faceless corporation.</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: December 13, 2002 09:31PM

<HTML>So is it on Thursday, or on the 22nd? And yes, the 22nd is a Sunday, because I'm meeing my father and his current wife for a Christmas lunch that day.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 09:34PM

<HTML>It is on Thursday, the 19th (ignore Dave, he gets confused) at 1400 fforum time. (That's 1300 Leeds time).</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2002 09:59PM

<HTML>ever heard of an answering machine? LOL (yes, I know, help desk and all that...but if they're calling during lunch time, there's something wrong with THEM anyhow!) And more succinctly, there's probably less wrong with the product and more wrong with them!

Hey, here's an idea...
does anyone have wireless internet access there? if so, we could set up webcams....</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.