New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5
Re: Jurassic Park
Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: December 11, 2002 10:37PM

<HTML>don't worry dave, I know few people with exactly my taste in films...

The last i've seen were Bowling for Columbine, Morvern Callar and Donnie Darko if this gives some indication...

But maybe I didn't like Insomnia because I like memento and following so much... and this was just a major let-down</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: December 11, 2002 10:41PM

<HTML>Memento was fantastic...</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 11, 2002 10:43PM

<HTML>yeah, do you have the DVD? I still haven't seen the Easter Egg version yet but I found it (god knows where i put the instructions to get there again though)</HTML>

Date: December 11, 2002 10:46PM

<HTML>yeah, do you have the DVD? I still haven't seen the Easter Egg version yet but I found it (god knows where i put the instructions to get there again though)</HTML>

Date: December 11, 2002 10:47PM

<HTML>not yet. One of those 'must buys', though I hear there is a special 2-disc edition out now?</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: December 11, 2002 10:50PM

<HTML>is there? ahh i hate when they do that, they did the same with Amelie, i bought the crap no extras one and the a few months later they release one with more stuff... at least i waited for the 4 disc LotR.

Anyway, gotta go... need sleep...</HTML>

Date: December 11, 2002 10:53PM

<HTML>g'night then...

(you have some of the same taste in films as me.... but do you like 'The Princess Bride?)</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 12, 2002 03:26AM

<HTML>Loved <I> Amelie</I>...Audrey Tatou was angelic! And I love the use of color and shapes. A photographer/cinematographer's dream! Story was great too.

Another great flick for cinematography is <I>A Walk In The Clouds</I>. Granted, Keanu Reeves pretty much sucks for dialog (which he, thankfully, did not have much of) but he sure is pretty. And the story is quite nice. But I think that is one of the best lit pieces of film work I've seen in a while. That and <I>Legends Of The Fall</I>. Excellent back-lighting really makes for a romatically surreal piece of film.

Don't remember Sam Neill in either one of those, though. LOL</HTML>

Date: December 12, 2002 07:30AM

<HTML>Haven't seen "Princess bride" yet... *hangs head in shame*</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.nv.iinet.net.au)
Date: December 12, 2002 10:13AM

<HTML>I liked the Rodents of Unfeasible Size. Mostly becuase I like almost anything that has the word unfeasible in it.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:06PM

<HTML>Best looking film for me was Crouching Tider Hidden Dragon - like a dream the whole way through. Wouldn't say it was the best film I'd ever seen though.</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (198.179.227.---)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:09PM

<HTML>didn't see it, don't like martial arts and the hype got on my nerves...</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:11PM

<HTML>I've never quite managed to recapture the magic of the cinema since I was a kid; the first film I ever saw was Thunderbirds Are Go, which was <I>fantastic</I>. Everything else has been a bit of an anticlimax, really. The LotR wasn't bad though, but slightly ruined by a) me muttering 'that wasn't in the book' all the way through, and b) my missis jumping like a startled ewe every time something scary happened ... even when I'd told her something scary was about to happen.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:12PM

<HTML>That "tider" would be a tiger in real life, would it? ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Adam (212.137.30.---)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:16PM

<HTML>Inconceivable!</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:20PM

<HTML>you keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.</HTML>

Posted by: Adam (212.137.30.---)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:24PM

<HTML>Aha, but what you don't realise is - I'm not left handed!</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:25PM

<HTML>what in hell are you 2 on about?</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:27PM

<HTML>Sod the spelling - it was a great film from a visual asthetic point of view....

LoTR was pretty damned good - the DVD version is better though as there's even more of the book in it. The Twin towers seems to be getting a fair amount of praise - and Gollum is going to cause the Oscars' Committee a few problems.</HTML>

Posted by: Minsky Cat (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 12, 2002 12:39PM

<HTML>I thought so too. Going to see "The Two Towers" next week - one of my very rare visits to the cinema. But I've told Wilfred he can't come along, because it would probably scare the hic out of him.</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 2 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.