New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4
Re: Hi Guys
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 11:27AM

<HTML>He's persistent, I'll give him that. I've tried for years to ignore him, but to no avail. I think I've even learned some stuff, but if questioned I'll vigorously deny it.</HTML>

Posted by: Ros (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 11:33AM

<HTML>I have found placing a biscuit in his mouth slows him down somewhat, but you runout of biscuits quite quickly if you want to sustain the peace and quiet. He is very persistant. I try hard to forget things like 'did you know that Peter Davidson wrote and sang the theme tune to Button Moon?', but when you are repeatedly told at any given opportunity (whether appropriate or not) your brain eventually gives in and stores it.</HTML>

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 11:49AM

<HTML>Le singe est dans l'arbre.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 11:49AM

<HTML>I have a friend like that. I mean, biscuits slow him down. So do cups of tea with two sugars, eeeew! But the best thing of all for slowing him down appears to be home-made gingerbread. If you haven't tried it, I'll happily pass on my recipe. ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 11:50AM

<HTML>Oh dear ... anybody else got any siblings they'd like to share with us?

Hi Ros. Welcome to the haven of erudition and enlightenment that is the Fforum.

Not.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 11:51AM

<HTML>Biscuits don't slow Rob down much. As Ros says, you tend to run out pretty quickly and he starts waffling on again.

Oooh, recipes. Do we need a new recipe thread? Just been discussing biscotti with Ros, I've got a recipe book somewhere...</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 11:52AM

<HTML>I've got a (younger) brother, but he's highly unlikely to make it here, not having read either TEA or LIAGB. He does know some HTML though.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 11:57AM

<HTML>Thanks for the hellos, and good idea with the ginger bread. I have been given a recipe but shyed away as it involved steeping a vanilla pod in milk! Is yours simpler?

I have fantastic recipe for Swedish Ginger Biscuits - those thin little crunchy ones. Ooo, I'm getting all excited just thinking about it! The recipe makes tons I still have half of last weeks dough in the fridge, and it makes your kitchen smell fantastic.</HTML>

<HTML>All the above applies to my younger brother, and<I>he's</I> here! He is going to read the books, though.</HTML>

<HTML>I've got two younger sisters. One of them is even crazier than I am, and I've been bouncing at her most enthusiastically about the books (and the Fforum), so it's not impossible she may turn up eventually. You have been warned, lol...

Recipe thread? Cool idea. I'll happily contribute.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 11:58AM

<HTML>ah, but is your younger brother a physiotherapist?</HTML>

Posted by: Adam (212.137.30.---)
Date: December 13, 2002 12:00PM

<HTML>Hi Ros, we should have a siblings only thread or something.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 12:01PM

<HTML>I also have good biscotti recipes. But Rob doesn't like those so they slow him down in a different way. He'll stop telling you whatever useless peice of information he happens to be talking about at the time but replaces this with a tirade on the horrors of the biscotti. As soon as he reads this he'll be off, it's like a rag to a bull.
(Did you know the rag doesn't have to be red?)</HTML>

Gingerbread
Date: December 13, 2002 12:01PM

<HTML>Yes, mine's simpler - in fact I can make it without a blender, and that is good going for me because I've got damaged wrists. I'll post it in a new thread. The Swedish ginger biscuits sound yummy, but if it involves any rolling out I can't do it... *cries*</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 12:02PM

<HTML>Siblings only would be good, a haven to escape too.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 12:03PM

<HTML>I've done a new thread for biscuit recipes.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 12:15PM

<HTML>Eeek. I did a new thread simultaneously. *blush*</HTML>

Re: Sibling
Date: December 13, 2002 12:17PM

<HTML>Hang on, how would a sibling thread work? I mean is it just for younger siblings, or older siblings, or can anybody able to sible join in?

And anybody going to the Xmas lunch be warned: Adam and Rob be swapping Eddie Izzard dialogue all the time ...</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 12:18PM

<HTML>Minsky says as long as it doesn't involve his brother, he's not too worried. Poor old Chomsky. He's not dim really, he's just so lazy he leaves all the thinking to Minsky.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 12:22PM

<HTML>I'm pretty sure I could hold my own in any conversation involving Izzard dialogue...</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous1234Next
Current Page: 3 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.