New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Boojum
Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: December 13, 2002 05:30PM

<HTML>I'm too tired to get upset by your corrections....

Dave, yay, you're one of my kind then :D You know, a friend of mine is giving me one of the 99% ones, eheheh I can't wait!</HTML>

Posted by: Carla (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 06:53PM

<HTML>I'm just teaching you.
Ok i'll let you go on saying wrong things and americanisms...</HTML>

Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 13, 2002 07:11PM

<HTML>I too noticed the boojumming last night, but can't work out what's done it in. The good news is once you get to the older threads, post something and then you can get the whole load - but don't click on "go to top"...</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: December 13, 2002 07:14PM

<HTML>musta been all that crazy HTML...maybe it was Dave forgetting to close his Italics tags! LOL</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 07:29PM

<HTML>Not convinced. Only the index is boojummed, and nobody put script on that.</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 07:41PM

<HTML>except for the fact that even when I refresh the page, subjects that were previously "new" suddenly were not there at all or were no longer new but then would be marked new even though there were no new messages added. Something is definitely awry!</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 07:53PM

<HTML>it did that to me at Reading last week. I suspect there's just too much for the ffroum to take, and they need to trim it a little</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 08:21PM

<HTML>that could be it, which may also be the cause of the other problem.</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 08:32PM

<HTML>"The Fforum canna take it any more, captain, we're going to have to dump the core!" "No, Scotty, there must be a better way!" "I believe, captain, it would be logical to reduce the critical mass by ejecting all the ghastly puns." "But then there would be nothing left! Think of something! Bones?" "I'm a doctor Jim, not a website engineer!" "Well, sod off then 'cos you're rag all use here. Mr. Chekhov, take us forward at warp factor three." "Werry vell, Capitain." "Don't I get a line, then?" "No, Mr. Sulu, you do not. We never did get big in Japan."</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 08:53PM

<HTML>Just thought I'd mention that I'm a fan of dark chocolate too. I am still in mourning over the fact that the Thorntons' Chocolate Mousse (possibly the nicest dark chocolate, as in <i>cioccolatino</i> rather than <i>cioccolata</i>, ever created) was boojummed.

I think this problem (that is, the Fforum, not the demise of my favourite sweet) may be caused by critical weirdness overload. In which case, what we have to do is administer dried ffrog pills to the server, and then everything should be all right. Clearly just typing the phrase doesn't work; has anyone got any other ideas? :-)</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 08:55PM

<HTML>Maybe someone should email Mr. Ff? I emailed him yesterday and got a nice response back today. So I know he's around and still checking on us.

It's worth a thought!</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 09:01PM

<HTML>He's checking on us? I knew he could scuba dive and fly a plane, but I didn't realise he was a qualified mental health carer ....</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 09:09PM

<HTML>lol What about mental health in large tabby cats?</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 09:14PM

<HTML>you know, he told me he'd even sign one of my cats if I brought it along to a book signing, but that I'd have to check with the bookstore first!</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 09:17PM

<HTML>I have to ask ....how do you sign a cat?</HTML>

Date: December 13, 2002 09:22PM

<HTML>not sure, but one thing I <i>am</i> sure of is that none of my cats would approve of the method!</HTML>

Posted by: Minsky Cat (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 13, 2002 10:29PM

<HTML>Nobody's signing <i>me</i>. Not even the great Mr Ff.</HTML>

Date: December 14, 2002 01:28AM

<HTML>?Question? Why does windows keep telling me that my information sent may be seen by others? Surely that's the whole point of the fforum?</HTML>

Date: December 14, 2002 04:27AM

<HTML>your security level got changed...you're using MS Exploder, I mean <i>Explorer</I>, right? You should be able to change that in your internet settings.</HTML>

Date: December 14, 2002 11:01AM

<HTML>it was only rhetorical... and it's on the network at uni, so it keeps resetting itself</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.