New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Cuddly dodo!
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 24, 2002 05:47PM

<HTML>Here it is, folks - the ideal thing to spend your Christmas money on. Get your very own cuddly dodo at [ecom.mcb.co.mu]. I'm hoping to get one shortly to help Wilfred over his identity crisis!</HTML>

Re: Cuddly dodo!
Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: December 24, 2002 06:03PM

<HTML>Very cute!

Now why couldn't I find these when I was looking for a stuffed dodo for my halloween costume? Mind you, the kit I bought wasn't much more than the shipping for these guys, and it probably wouldn't have arrived in time......

In any case, I'm happy with the one I made, but I could always consider buying him a friend if I have some extra cash.

-Magda-

(If you haven't seen my Halloween costume and accessories, look at the bottom of <a href="http://www.geocities.com/magda_vogelsang/Halloween2.html">this page</a>.)</HTML>

Date: December 24, 2002 06:20PM

<HTML>Now that is just too cool for words. :-)</HTML>

Date: December 25, 2002 05:37PM

<HTML>And while on the subject of dodos...

[cgi.ebay.com];

Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 27, 2002 12:57AM

<HTML>Gosh, a whole 24 hour period without a single post. Everyone an bit stuffed with mince pies?

Oh, and Minsky - do cats eat bats?</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: December 27, 2002 08:29AM

<HTML>I'm too busy to post :(

and kinda bored too lol</HTML>

Posted by: Gill Neal (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 27, 2002 11:28AM

<HTML>I've got one and it's replaced the fairy on top of the christmas tree, and quite lovely it looks too!</HTML>

Posted by: Minsky Cat (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 27, 2002 11:30AM

<HTML>I personally do not eat bats. But my brother will eat anything as long as it doesn't require too much effort to get it, and my nephew will attack anything that runs (or flies) away from him. Therefore, given a hypothetical bat in a confined space with Chomsky and Klinsmann, it is probably reasonable to assume that it would eventually be eaten.

And the reason we didn't post yesterday was that my staff was too busy listening to the football (her team actually won this time, putting an end to a terrible run of form), and I was replete after consuming large quantities of the canned fish that she bought us for Christmas. The football started at twelve and went on all afternoon, and then in the evening she and Wilfred went to a party to which I was not invited. Miaow. I wish she'd get some James Bond videos for me to watch. I need to learn exactly how to go around with an excitingly dangerous image and still get invited to parties.

Bea, if you are bored, I suggest you catch midges. There is no eating on them worth speaking of, but that is really beside the point; indeed, for this very reason, many cats believe that midge-hunting is the purest form of sport known to thinking creatures. It is a superb test of one's reflexes and general all-round fitness. If you are having difficulty getting started, I shall be happy to offer lessons; after all, I am the midge-catching champion of the whole of Yorkshire and considered hot favourite for the All-England Midge-Catching Championship to be held next year. One word of warning, though: do not attempt this sport if you have a sore paw. It could cause further damage necessitating a visit to the vet.

And now, if you'll all excuse me, I am going to have a little wash...</HTML>

Posted by: polly (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 27, 2002 07:02PM

<HTML>My previous cat didn't eat bats (as far as I know) but she did catch them, by hanging out of the bedroom window at dusk and grabbing them as they flew by. I've taken many a pipstrel with damaged wing membrane to the local wildlife hospital! (they fix them with superglue) They asked for her to be confined to quarters for peak bat-flying times! David Attenborough never had these problems.

The curent feline resident only bothers with fieldmice, but she brings 'em in alive and lets them go, frequently under the bed or in the wardrobe - usually in the wee small hours of the morning. Oh the fun we have catching them and taking them back outside - NOT.

Hope you all had a happy Christmas. Mine would have been better if the microwave hadn't died on Boxing Day, and started to emit a 95-decibel continous high-pitched whistling noise. I also discovered that the people who fitted the kitchen put the plug INSIDE AND BEHIND the built-in cabinet (which the manual said should not be done). Fortunately, a neighbour came round and dismantled the cabinet for me, before it drove me mad enough to attack it with an axe (the microwave, not the neighbour).</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: December 28, 2002 02:55AM

<HTML>A friend of mine in California had a cat who would catch mice, and then drop them, alive, on her in her bed. Nothing like waking up in the middle of the night to discover your cat has just dropped a live mouse in your bed. Lynn was not amused.</HTML>

Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 28, 2002 09:16PM

<HTML>Last time I innocently drop references around here....</HTML>

Date: December 28, 2002 09:50PM

<HTML>lol</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 29, 2002 09:37PM

<HTML>double lol
(from another Sarah)</HTML>

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 10:40PM

<HTML>I had a cat called Navarre who was a Mighty Hunter. He once brought in half a rat for me to hang from the Xmas tree.It was the half with a tail, presumably to make it easier for me to tie it to the tree....</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.