New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Return of the Thylacine?
Posted by: Kat (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 02, 2001 09:54PM

<HTML>Saw a thing on tv today about a guy who has extracted pure DNA from a preserved Thylacine joey. They were weird tiger/hyena looking marsupials with an emormous jaw span. There is discussion about recreating them using IVF and a surrogate mother from another species. Do they need a Splicence for this kind of thing?</HTML>

Re: Return of the Thylacine?
Posted by: Mr Splicer UK (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: September 03, 2001 11:51AM

<HTML>Thylacine joey ? I thought his name was Fred !

And if you would like one, I just gained my Splicing BSc. from Oxford and for a small donation to the save the polecat fund, I'll splice you one..</HTML>

Posted by: jasper (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: September 03, 2001 12:28PM

<HTML>I never thought of a baby Thylacine being a Joey, but I guess that's right. What is a baby wombat called? Anyone know? Speaking of Tasmanian wolf names, Mrs Next (that's Thursday's mum) has a rescue Thylacine named DH82,so called because DH was once used as a medical test vessel for smoking - MTVs were never given names, just numbers and letters. Apparently DH costs Mrs Next a fortune in nicotine patches, but it's worth the effort - and gets on well with her dodos, too.</HTML>

Posted by: carole ward (---.dialup.lineone.co.uk)
Date: September 24, 2001 12:11PM

<HTML>I think ( only think mind you) that a baby wombat is called a wombette.</HTML>

Posted by: Jayhawk (---.tnt1.topeka.ks.da.uu.net)
Date: January 14, 2002 04:56AM

<HTML>What does her Thylacine rescue?</HTML>

Posted by: talpianna (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 01, 2002 06:08AM

<HTML>Sure it's not a wombit?</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.