New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Socks
Posted by: Jessica (63.225.179.---)
Date: December 29, 2002 06:50PM

<HTML>I was just thinking to myself last night about socks. I have had just plain white socks on my mind, yet I figure maybe I should start thinking about bright green socks and maybe the bright green monkies could come and take over the world and rule all over the human race? What is your opinion?</HTML>

Re: Socks
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: December 29, 2002 08:19PM

<HTML>Keep taking the dried ffrog pills, Jess... lol</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: December 29, 2002 09:06PM

<HTML>I did get socks for Christmas. But I also got a quantity of booze, several chocolate-related items AND a great big scanner, complete with slide attachment. So that was alright.

It is well known that bright green socks are the mark of the Devil. Plymouth Argyle wear them.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 29, 2002 09:41PM

<HTML>If you're on a football team and you wear green socks, surely this should aid your footballing performance? Well, if your socks are green then your feet would be camoflagued and you'd be able to get the ball alot better...

Not sure how this would help the bright green monkeys though. Unless when they put the socks on you wouldn't be able to see that they even had socks on, so they'd sneak onto the pitch and kidnapp David Beckham and convince him to rule the world for them. Maybe.

Personally, I am off the opinion that gold and black socks are belonging to the devil, as they are worn by Wolverhampton Wanderers.

Hope I haven't offended anyone there...

Plock.</HTML>

Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 29, 2002 11:22PM

<HTML>Socks:

White socks: I'm a middle aged woman doing my Britney Spears impression. Please shag me before i hit the menopause.

Black Socks: I have no life. I am an accountant.

'Humorous' socks: My kids bought me theese for Xmas, I'm too boring to tell them they're crap....

Green Socks: Shove hte World vup up your fundament - we're not going to win it in these....

White Sox - Baseball team...</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (203.166.19.---)
Date: December 30, 2002 04:02AM

<HTML>Should we FForumites start up a Socks Appeal for the deprived or desperate few who *really* need some plockin' socks?</HTML>

Posted by: carla (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 30, 2002 07:40AM

<HTML><i>Black Socks: I have no life. I am an Accountant. </i>

Oi young man, I resent this... :-P</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: December 30, 2002 08:49AM

<HTML>«Black Socks: I have no life. I am an Accountant.

Oi young man, I resent this... :-P»

I resent this too, lol
Specially as my life form is a little higher than accountant (maybe boss-accountant?) LOL
- the similarity is that we've both been working every single day since xmas day...</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah H Egginton (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: December 30, 2002 04:40PM

<HTML>And what of film-fogging fuchsia socks with (ideally) cute little skiing penguins on them? Because those are my very favourites!</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 30, 2002 06:08PM

<HTML>I'm not sure... don't they class as novelty socks?

Non matching socks - I have no dress sense

Matching pair of socks not going with outfit - I have dress sense but choose to ignore it.</HTML>

Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: December 30, 2002 06:37PM

<HTML>film fogging fushcia socks with penguins attached - My doctor says I'm harmless.

film fogging fuschia without antarctic widlife of any sort - 'Help, my career as a TV fitness guru went downhill many years ago. please direct me to the nearest nostlgia show producer.'

Non-matching socks - I'm Poetscientistdrinker, have we been introduced?</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:30AM

<HTML>so I see..... the devil...... but what about the monkies??*strokes her nothing of a beard and thinks really hard.Jon wrote:
>
> I did get socks for Christmas. But I also got a
> quantity of booze, several chocolate-related items AND a
> great big scanner, complete with slide attachment. So that
> was alright.
>
> It is well known that bright green socks are the mark of the
> Devil. Plymouth Argyle wear them.</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:34AM

<HTML>surely someone is lacking faith in the human race here, and it sure as hell isn't me this time....Its the monkeis I swear! As I tell myself once everyday, lose your socks, the monkies will take them, lose your hair and you'll be bald.</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:36AM

<HTML>at least we are getting somewhere. But there is all one big question that is in order.......... Where have all the bagels gone? Dammit Jim, why must you suck my toe?</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:38AM

<HTML>I must say....that would be qutie a fabulous idea. Deprived, yes.....hungry, no, crazy, for life! YAYAYAYAYA! *busts out a karate move and breaks the lamp*Ooktavia wrote:
>
> Should we FForumites start up a Socks Appeal for the
> deprived or desperate few who *really* need some plockin'
> socks?</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:39AM

<HTML>Black is the color of coal, Santa won't be too happy........chicken, but I like plums myself.carla wrote:
>
> <i>Black Socks: I have no life. I am an Accountant. </i>
>
> Oi young man, I resent this... :-P</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:40AM

<HTML>I like bright green, but the monkies have arrived, I'm losing connection with reality. REALITY CHECK!!!! *POW* *KABAM* ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh they got me.......ScarletBea wrote:
>
> «Black Socks: I have no life. I am an Accountant.
>
> Oi young man, I resent this... :-P»
>
> I resent this too, lol
> Specially as my life form is a little higher than accountant
> (maybe boss-accountant?) LOL
> - the similarity is that we've both been working every
> single day since xmas day...</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:42AM

<HTML>Penquin socks, tis the battle of the year, monkies vs penquins! touche'! HAHAHA I've lived to see the day. How bout chicken, oh yes thank you I'm quite hungry....Sarah H Egginton wrote:
>
> And what of film-fogging fuchsia socks with (ideally)
> cute little skiing penguins on them? Because those are my
> very favourites!</HTML>

Date: December 31, 2002 01:44AM

<HTML>such a grand idea....mismatch socks, then the monkies can come try to steakl a bright green one while a pink is on the other side, they'll get so confuse and we'll have just enough time to lay down the chicken and run. Smart thinking...Sarah B wrote:
>
> I'm not sure... don't they class as novelty socks?
>
> Non matching socks - I have no dress sense
>
> Matching pair of socks not going with outfit - I have dress
> sense but choose to ignore it.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah H Egginton (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: December 31, 2002 10:16AM

<HTML>Eeeek... Jess, you must have had a <i>really</i> bad night... er, and I don't want to worry you but it's spelt "monkeys". No wonder they keep pinching your socks. They're annoyed because you keep misspelling them... lol</HTML>

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.