New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Socks
Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: December 31, 2002 03:14PM

<HTML>I suppose she could be referring to <a href="http://www.monkees.net/gif/pictures.gif">these Monkees</a>, but then it's still misspelt.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: December 31, 2002 09:12PM

<HTML>But why would Davy be after Jess's socks?

I dunno, maybe he has a sock fetish or something that we don't know about...</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 01, 2003 10:56AM

<HTML>Well, I dunno, but perhaps if you took the last train to Clarksville, you might find the answer. Of course you'd have to be a believer, otherwise you'd just stay home and have a pleasant valley Sunday, believing in nothing but daydreams. Anyway, look out, here comes tomorrow, so what am I doing hanging round?

Jon (or, to give me my alternate title, Randy Scouse Git).</HTML>

Re: Monkeys....
Posted by: poestscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 01, 2003 08:34PM

<HTML><a href="http://www.pogothemonkey.com/">check out this advert....</a></HTML>

Date: January 01, 2003 09:08PM

<HTML>no, don't check out the advert ..... I did and it locked up my PC.

Disgruntled of Yorks.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 01, 2003 09:13PM

<HTML>Lol, Jon, very good.

To get all those references, I'd have to <i> listen to the band </i> and even then I'd be <i>counting on you </i> to point out any that I'd missed. It might take until <i> midnight </i> and I might even have to ask my <i>mommy and daddy </i> but I'll keep trying, even if I have <i> no time </i> to do so.

Well, I think I had the harder part of that - you'd taken all the good ones already!

Sarah B (Otherwise known as Mary, or maybe Mary)</HTML>

Date: January 01, 2003 09:31PM

<HTML>Daydream Believer was our college song. (I didn't say it was a good college).</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.