New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Microcon
Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 08:15PM

<HTML>Ok psd, looks like we have proof of the smallness of the world.
Hey Jo, Tom (steve & kirstie's flatmate) here.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 08:33PM

<HTML>6-degrees of seperation and all that.

Although I've only got the one degree to seperate me from the rest of the mass of humanity, for the moment.</HTML>

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 09:25PM

<HTML>Ok, possible new fforum direction, now me and psd are only 2 degrees of separation apart (aside from both being layabout science students that is). What's the largest number of degrees of separation between you and anyone else on this board?
(electronic links disallowed)</HTML>

Posted by: Jo Foster (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 09:39PM

<HTML><grin> - Hi Tom, Hi Ben! The Internet is a small place indeed :)</HTML>

Date: January 24, 2003 11:01PM

<HTML>Aha - so Fuzz has an alternative name for his Mother to use...

I've met Bea in person, who's met Carla, so that gets me Carla in two and Bea in one, but I may struggle to get others.</HTML>

Date: January 24, 2003 11:04PM

<HTML><a href="http://smallworld.sociology.columbia.edu/">Small World Experiment</a></HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2003 04:22AM

<HTML>I'm probably separated from Jasper himself by only 1 or 2 steps... I was an extra in a crap mid-80's film called "Vision Quest" starring Matthew Modine ("Married to the Mob", "Full Metal Jacket")and Linda Fiorentino ("Men in Black" and "Dogma") and I actually got to meet both stars as well as Michael Schoeffling ("Sixteen Candles", "Mermaids") So, I'm sure between those actors and my contacts in DC that I'm like this [crossing pointer and middle fingers - with pinkie finger sticking out and I'm the pinkie] with the Fforde-man himself!

Oh and my husband was an extra in several movies made in Germany...American ones and German ones. He even did a German soap opera once. So add, Keannu Reeves and Drew Barrymore to that list, as well as Richard Thomas (yes, John-Boy Walton) although that puts me one more level away.</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: January 25, 2003 02:52PM

<HTML>My ex-husband had a friend who once widdled on Yul Brynner's lawn while drunk. Does that count?</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 25, 2003 10:51PM

<HTML>I'm one step away from the Pope, and the queen, plus all three of the most recent archbishops of Canturbury......... Not that that's anything very interesting, but as the new ArchBish is Welsh/ was Archbishop of Wales, there might be a like to His Jasperness, maybe?</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 25, 2003 10:52PM

<HTML>I'm one step away from the Pope, and the queen, plus all three of the most recent archbishops of Canturbury......... Not that that's anything very interesting, but as the new ArchBish is Welsh/ was Archbishop of Wales, there might be a like to His Jasperness, maybe?</HTML>

Posted by: Skiffle (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 10:22PM

<HTML>I've met Bob Monkhouse, so that probably puts me one step away from thousands of famous people, in all fields of entertainment from the last 50 years. Not sure that includes the Pope though. I'm either two or three steps away from him in another chain though.(Never thought about that before).
Don't think I can link myself to Jasper though. Depends on whether he's met anyone who's met Bob Monkhouse.</HTML>

Date: January 29, 2003 09:55PM

<HTML>Wilfred was once used as a ventriloquist's dummy by the actor Russell Hunter.</HTML>

Date: January 29, 2003 11:29PM

<HTML>My Mum's met the weirdly eared heir to the throne. I have no idea why. I've also met Peter Ustnov, which has to give me some good links to the rest of you</HTML>

Date: January 30, 2003 01:05PM

<HTML>David Mellor once met my late great-uncle. I think he would have considered it in those terms, God rest his ancient soul... (he died at the age of 100, probably not from seeing David Mellor).</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.med.umich.edu)
Date: January 30, 2003 03:38PM

<HTML>Let's see.....famous people........I've met Tom Baker, Colin Baker, Jon Pertwee and Sylvester McCoy (Doctors 4,6,3 and 7), Michael Praed, Issac Asimov, Robert Asprin, and assorted other folks I can't think of at the moment, at SF conventions here in the states, when I used to do that sort of thing. Oh, and the chap on Star Trek who played Q (John DeLancey?), who was at his first convention ever, and appeared rather baffled by the whole thing.

However, I suspect I might have a closer link to Jasper though the fact that I've met a few folks from Brecon, Wales (although I can't recall their names), which I gather isn't terribly far from where he lives. The city I live in is twinned with Brecon, and some folks from there always come to our annual Celtic Festival, which I attend with the medieval and reniassance recreation group I'm in.</HTML>

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: January 30, 2003 03:45PM

<HTML>I'm one step away from James Bond - my second cousin was one of the extras in one of the films who ran past a camera, grabbed a gun, and then got killed, rolling off shot. The line of extras to do this was so long that he was able to then get up, go to the back of the line and do it again!</HTML>

Date: January 30, 2003 10:58PM

<HTML>And guess who worked on, er, one of the Bond films, anyway?</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.