New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
More Weird S**t
Posted by: Lemming (---.freeuk.net)
Date: September 09, 2001 03:58PM

<HTML>Urgent Operational Memo

As you'll know for a while now the time zones of England and Wales have moved slowly apart (CST is now 2.5 hours behind GMT). This of course means that the Welsh find that their current time has had about 55 million previous users. And sometimes the uses that the time was put to is not particularly pleasant. So it is a common thing for the Welsh to demand that the time is laundered before it leaves the English timezone (ie changed to LST) - in Public.
Now the scary bit, I've reported to my superiors in SpecOps on a number of occasions that the last thing the Welsh really want is LST. This is because the Welsh are now data mining from the used time they receive. They see it as enriched time (or EST). In fact once I post this message I'll only have 2.5 hours before the dodo is out of the Disraeli.
So my very urgent plea is that we move to GMT-3? This should ensure that the Welsh data-miners come-up empty. Any views?

Codename Lemming
(real name and address about to be supplied - JS, Goliath)</HTML>

Re: More Weird S**t
Posted by: John Howard (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: September 23, 2001 11:04PM

<HTML>Lemming,

Be not sore afaid. I have on good authority, my auntie works down the time exchange, that there has been a lot of new equipment installed recently. Her's is not the only exchange that has been updated.
Apparently every exchange South and East of Offas Dyke has had the same treatment and from the manuals she has shown me (we are a very close family) and the extra training she has had, it is quite clear to me that your small worry is completey unnessesary, and that my contacts in SO-12 have anticipated your rather clever understanding of ' that Monday morning feeling'
The equipment has already been tested and is going on-line tomorrow.
By the time you receive this you should have already noticed the reduction in an understandably alarming slip.

Bon voyage, and don't let the brakes let you down.

JH</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.