New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Online books
Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 18, 2003 02:34PM

<HTML>For those fforumites who like a bit of cutting edge scifi you might like to have a look at <a href="http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2003/01/16/liberation_spectrum/index.html">Liberation Spectrum</a> by Cory Doctorow. It's set somewhere between 5 years adn 5 minutes into the future and continues Doctorow's usually trend of looking at how tech will change our lives. If you like it you can check out another of his short stories <a href"http://www.salon.com/tech/feature/2002/08/28/0wnz0red/index.html"> 0wnz0red</a>. It helps if you have a slightly techy background but if you read it on tthe web as intended, it has links to all sorts of other sites which help explain and give you the background behind the phrases. This is another of Doctorow's trademarks and personally I find it an interesting use of the medium.

Hmm, my tone of writing's gone all journalisty, how bizaar.</HTML>

Re: Online books
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: January 18, 2003 06:21PM

<HTML>Interesting. Weird. I'll let you know what I thought of it when I get rid of this headache...</HTML>

Re: Online books
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: January 18, 2003 06:46PM

<HTML>Er, point of clarification. The story didn't give me the headache. I had the headache and then I read the story. I haven't been feeling very well just recently. Oh well...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.