New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Killing Teachers
Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 26, 2003 10:09PM

<HTML>I had lots of teachers who told me I was a worthless, lazy, irresponsible, jumped-up little smartarse who would never amount to anything, and wouldn't I just like to get them all in one room and say "well, seems like you were right."

I wish somebody had told me at age 10 I would never understand maths. I would have said "can I have that in writing?" and bunked off every maths class afterward on the strength of it.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 26, 2003 10:34PM

<HTML>Well, I turned into a contrary little sod...</HTML>

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 12:40AM

<HTML>My biggest laugh at school was being predicted 2 E's and a D for my A levels (exams you take at about age 18 for non brits) and getting three B's. Kind of the biggest @!#$ You I would ever need to say to my old school without ever having to say any thing, course I got an E in maths the year after...</HTML>

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 12:05PM

<HTML>I love maths. It's great. I've waffled at length previously so won't bore you
again.</HTML>

Posted by: jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 12:26PM

<HTML>My only use for advanced math is to switch over to the footy when Paxo asks a question on quadratic equations.</HTML>

Posted by: Rob (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 12:43PM

<HTML>In case anyone's interested... an integral sign looks like an elongated 'S.'
In fact, it's elongated script 'f' for fluxions which is what Newton called them
when he invented integration. Integration is just a grown-up form of adding up.
It's all pretty straight forward...</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 02:30PM

<HTML>that's what you used to say about my rent. It usually involved some kind of advanced maths which took lots of sums to work out that I owed you more each time.

Landlords, who'd have 'em?

;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Rob Johnson (---.leeds.ac.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 03:32PM

<HTML>It's tenants that are the real problem.

It's a very simple calculation to work out that I deserve more money
to put up with you living in my house ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 10:21PM

<HTML>Paul changed it to 'Everything looks better in black and white' because he had a row with Kodak. They wanted him to put a (c) copyright sign or a tm or something after the name of the song. Paul thought this was really stupid, and refused, and Kodak got all hetup about it. So he changed the words to 'everything looks better in black and white to p*ss them off.

There you go - you've learnt something today!</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 27, 2003 10:26PM

<HTML>I shall sing only that version from now on. And won't buy any Kodachorme either (it was crap anyway ... do they still make it?)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 10:55PM

<HTML>No idea, but if you look at the album, it's listed as 'Kodachrome TM'. I didn't even have to check this either, sad git that I am...</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:08AM

<HTML>I like Fuji...the colors are nicer...more on the cool side. Kodak is too yellow for me!</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.