New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Discussion of various icky medical problems that Dave doesn't need to know about
Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 24, 2003 06:28PM

<HTML>Dave asked for it!

Uhm...let's see what nasty medical miracles we can come up with!</HTML>

Re: Discussion of various icky medical problems that Dave doesn't need to know about
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 07:06PM

<HTML>What about the worm I learnt about as an undergrad that goes on an extended tour of your body? It starts off being activated by your stomach acid, then burrows into your flesh, goes round the blood supply, buries into muscle to mature then goes on another trip around until it can chew into your gut again before dying as it produces more eggs. Lovely. The problem comes when it starts growing in your brain or heart....</HTML>

Re: Discussion of various icky medical problems that Dave doesn't need to know about
Date: January 24, 2003 08:04PM

<HTML><a href="http://www.smyw.com/">WARNING - DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK (ESPECIALLY IF YOU'RE DAVE AND A BIT STRANGE ABOUT UGLY DISEASES AND STUFF)</a>

I was going to put another one up, but even I started to get disturbed...</HTML>

Date: January 24, 2003 08:30PM

<HTML>For those of a delicate nature who were grossed out, <a href="http://www.totse.com/en/technology/computer_technology/cleankey.html">this site</a> will help you repair the damage, although stomach acid isn'#t good for electronics....</HTML>

Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 24, 2003 11:45PM

<HTML>People are quite odd, aren't they? Sending pictures of what's been growing in you- yerk.

Not like any one on THis fforum, no, we send each other pictures of what's growing in our minds, much healthier and nicer, yes guys? Guys???</HTML>

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 24, 2003 11:49PM

<HTML>speaking of this fforum, I come back from the pub and find that Sarah B has done a lightning raid and replied to about 5 threads, next as I reply, psd replies to a bunch, and now Ooktavia is doing the rounds. I have to ask. Why do we have nothing better to do ath midnightish on a friday night. (although, from the lack of spelling I guess that atr least some of us have been down the pub)</HTML>

nothing grim here, honest
Date: January 24, 2003 11:49PM

<HTML>I'm not entirely sure my mind would be any cleaner....</HTML>

Re: nothing grim here, honest
Date: January 24, 2003 11:52PM

<HTML>Hmm, see your point there. I'm sober - I did my drinking in London last night, got lost on the tube and stranded in Oxford</HTML>

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 25, 2003 12:27AM

<HTML>Damn, the idea was that I would make sure that there was no spelling mistakes in that post, thereby concealing my lack of sobrity. But the fforum does seem more busy this time of night that during the day (yes, I managed to spend all day on the internet rather than revising). Meby we should have an IRC thing going.</HTML>

Date: January 25, 2003 12:29AM

<HTML>Er, is that an orc whose voice is breaking?</HTML>

Posted by: All-American-Cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: January 25, 2003 12:35AM

<HTML>it's only 7:30 pm my time! (but that does not necessarily mean I have a life!)

BTW, PSD, that site was disgusting and it's probably a really good thing you put that disclaimer on it for Dave. I really think he'd faint if he looked there! (I was grossed out and I usually love that kind of thing.)</HTML>

Date: January 25, 2003 12:41AM

<HTML>There was an even worse one which I didn't link to as it even made my stomach turn. I figured that one was fairly safe as you need to click on a link to get anything gross.</HTML>

Date: January 25, 2003 10:34PM

<HTML>I post on a Friday night becuase I am unemployed AND the blimmin' DHSS has not yet made up what passes for its' collective mind whether they need to give me any money or not. Plockin' gyets.
The fforum is the nearest I get to having legal fun with like-minded folk since the Great Spaggetti Incident. Which turned out not to be either, eventually.
That's Staffordshire for you.</HTML>

Date: January 26, 2003 12:09AM

<HTML>Er, does this mean we're not legal, or we're not fun? Neither particularly appeals. Although having been arrested twice whilst having fun, maybe the first of these isn't so bad...</HTML>

Date: January 26, 2003 06:49PM

<HTML>The fforum is both legal and fun. And has like minded people on it. 3 out of 3!!
"The Great Spaghetti Incident" was only fun with like minded people, much to my surprise. Only 2 out of 3, oooooops!
Things so often are not fun, or not legal, or no like-minded people can be found..............

I blame the aliens.</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: January 27, 2003 02:52PM

<HTML>now a thread title like that is like putting a big red button somewhere marked 'Do Not Press This Button'

I have managed to avoid clicking on any links though.

It's odd though. I was there when eddie popped out, saw the whole thing and didn't feel even remotely faint. Cut my own finger though, and I'm out for the count.</HTML>

Date: January 27, 2003 07:01PM

<HTML>It's because humans cannot calculate anegative first - if you say 'Don't click this' then your mind reads it as 'click this' - the action - and then 'don't'. You can't negate it, without having thought about the action first. Therefore you do the opposite.

As a test, I want you all to try not to imagine orange dodos.</HTML>

Date: January 27, 2003 08:55PM

<HTML>Curiosity stirs, here- PSD- for what were you arrested twice???

And when you say orange, do you mean in colour or flavour???</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 27, 2003 08:58PM

<HTML>Thanks, Ben. I now have this strange image of dodos marching up the Shankhill Road, each in a bowler hat, singing The Sash and shouting "No Surrender! Plock!"</HTML>

Date: January 27, 2003 10:16PM

<HTML>i refuse to say why i've been arrested - it's between me, the olice and the sheep...

Actually it wasn't. although I've never been charged with anything, so I figure it can't have been that bad. Although my Polish wasn't really up to working out why I'd been arrested the first time</HTML>

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.