New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
biographies
Posted by: charles ronayne (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 02, 2002 06:42PM

<HTML>presumably if the prose portal allows people to go into books and get people out, famous people who have had their life story told in paperback can be brought back into the real world. Scary thought. I just had this vision of Jack Schitt ad Hitler sharing the cheescake in Thursdays memory banks with Acheron Hades. then again Thursday would probably never have met Hitler. On the subject, what side do you think he would have taken in the Crimean?
Just off to try and read myself into Jon Lee Andersons "Che Guevara -- a revolutionary life"

Peace</HTML>

Re: biographies
Posted by: Christian (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 02, 2002 09:57PM

<HTML>ok, ok, this is really just a new slant on 'Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure' isn't it?

Now you understand why Mycroft had to keep his strictly to himself - a plasma cannon would have been the least of his worries if it got into the wrong hands - think '1984', anything by HP Lovecraft, etc etc...

makes me shiver</HTML>

Posted by: ben tymens (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 02, 2002 11:06PM

<HTML>Or worse. There is no horror worse than 'The Bunty Album for Girls - 1978'.

Er, shouldn't have admitted that, should I?

;-D</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 08:28AM

<HTML>
Think Philip K. Dick, which I'm reading now on advise of a friend... eeek

(Although I'm not sure about him... too much politics for my taste...)

(Ben, what were you doing with 'The Bunty Album for Girls - 1978'? ;) tell me.... )</HTML>

Posted by: ben t (195.224.227.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 09:58AM

<HTML>Oh my god, we're stealing another strand... ;-D

I've got lots of strange books, but nothing gives me more horror than the picture of Suzy and Sarah rescuing Mrs Miggin's cat...</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 10:48AM

<HTML>go to the other forum then, we won't feel so self conscious about talking absolutely meaningless and pointless things :D</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 11:37AM

<HTML>Oh yeah, not entirely sure why I have a copy of the Bunty Album. I figure there must be a reason, but its lost in the mists of time. I was a very strange kid.

(First person to point out that I'm a very strange adult wins the prize for 'obvious comment of the week')

I briefly thought that Thursday could get Landon back by writing his biography, and the fact that he was planning on writing one should mean that his autobiography would be in the Well of Lost plots. But then again, Thursday says to him (in her memory/dreams) in LIAGB that she wants to remember all the crap stuff he did as well, the human points. As this stuff rarely gets into books then the 'book' Landon might not be the same as the one she loves, and certainly not if she actually writes the book. plus there's the problem of meeting herself in the book, and not liking Landon's own version of herself. It'd be worth a few trips to therapy, that's for sure. Does this rule out nabbing him from his biography?

I really hope I haven't pre-empted a plot strand for 'Well of Lost Plots' here.</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 04, 2002 12:51PM

<HTML>Can I just point out that ben T is a very strange adult?

what's my prize? ;-)</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 01:44PM

<HTML>I'll buy you a pint sometime...

At which point every Dave in the country descends on my home town in hope of getting a free pint...</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 01:48PM

<HTML>Oh there you are!!!!!
:))))

You can always give him a password through his email ;) he only gets the pint if he says the word...</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 04, 2002 01:57PM

<HTML>antidisestablishmentarianism?? How am I supposed to say that after a pint of Speckled Hen (see other thread)

Actually all this other thread business is making my head hurt. I need a cappucino to sort it out.</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 01:59PM

<HTML>NO NO NO!
we're ruining this thread too ;)

please move to one of the other 2 LOL</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 05:12PM

<HTML>Ruining a thread without me? I feel all left out :-(</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.