New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Let ben and bea act like crazy people and talk about anything they want, occasionally mentioning Fforde's magnificent work
Posted by: ben t (195.224.227.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 11:29AM

<HTML>Figured this should at least warn people that there is little or no chance of finding anything sensible in this strand of thought. Got a telling off this morning because I'd been so busy writing to you I'd been working on the wrong stuff!!

Only good point is that I still got more done than anybody else. ;-D</HTML>

Re: Let ben and bea act like crazy people and talk about anything they want, occasionally mentioning Fforde's magnificent work
Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 12:02PM

<HTML>LOLOLOL
Well, I hope you're working on the right stuff now :D

I've got an enormous bunch of things to read :( new stuff to learn and so on... new projects are all very nice and exciting and gives you responsibility and all, but with them comes the hard work *sigh*

By the way, hair=red, not blue, ok?
(and not only because I prefer red to blue lol, although today I'm wearing blues)</HTML>

Re: Let ben and bea act like crazy people and talk about anything they want, occasionally mentioning Fforde's magnificent work
Date: September 03, 2002 12:05PM

<HTML>Btw, you've got a pm on the other place, and I created a welcoming thread for you where a girl has already posted, so don't vanish there, ok? ;)

Hmmm nearly lunch time, yay.

And it's very grey and depressing today, I do hate this weather and it's nothing like the usual september :(
I need cheering up... (that is, when I'm not reading the new stuff...)

Btw number 2, the pics, so you like climbing and walking and stuff? they look great :D</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 12:24PM

<HTML>Bad luck. I get that next month... Try not to read yourself into it - I don't want to have to rescue if you become boojummed. Unless you're reading about some tropical island with free drinks, in which case I'll come and 'rescue' you, but accidentally get stuck myself. ;-D

Will go with red then, but will wait until I can get it done properly as last time I went red it went orange. And the time before day-glo pink, which was actually quite cool, in a look-at-me kind of way...</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 12:30PM

<HTML>Yeah, I like walking and stuff. Best climb ever was Poland's highest mountain, whcih was pretty steep, but those pics were cool as well. The ridge was Crib Goch, which has 80m cliffs if you fall, and we couldn't actually see the bottom of them even when the mist parted. When we got above the cloud it was beautiful.

Can't think of a way to cheer you up, but I'll buy you a drink next time you're in England (he says, safe in the knowledge it'll be @#$%& because you're nearly teetotal ;-D)</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 12:53PM

<HTML>There is a cople having sex in the toilets here, whcih is certainly one way to enliven a boring September afternoon...</HTML>

don't want to keep repeating the long subject ;)
Date: September 03, 2002 01:03PM

<HTML>hmmm I really don't think I'd be happy jumping into that book, no... I'll be lost in process excellence guidelines, and quality audits applications... definitely not worth it ;)

day-glo pink?????? *ROFL*

I like walking too, but I usually do that in cities... my holidays destinations... as I usually go off by myself I prefer cities, keep me busy and maybe a little safer. And I do like museums and monuments and parks and all anyway :)

lol yes, a coke will be fine :D
And everybody's asking me when I return to england :) yes, I want to, but on the horizon there are currently only business travels, the ones where you just see the airport, the hotel and the plant eheheh (to Belgium and Szwitzerland - this last one is in a fantastic and lovely place though :))</HTML>

Re: don't want to keep repeating the long subject ;)
Date: September 03, 2002 01:14PM

<HTML>WHAT?

at work?????? LOL gosh, what a lively place to work in!
And how do you know, are they noisy?

(I'd missed this post coz it got posted as I was writing mine...)</HTML>

Well don't repeat the long subject then, see if I care! ;-)
Date: September 03, 2002 01:18PM

<HTML>Would threaten to come out and see you, but need to conserve cash at moment or bank manager will castrate me. With a spoon. ;-)</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:20PM

<HTML>Just saw your town on the map :)
I'm sure I passed very close by, since I've been in Oxford and Birmingham, and between the 2 by train...</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:22PM

<HTML>lol it's not a threat :D
and yes, I'm always inviting friends... although usually I've known them for longer than I've know you LOL
(you seem harmless enough, don't worry ;) - or murdering in my sleep, eh?)</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:25PM

<HTML>Are you still in/near Oeiras? They mapped it using the software I'll be using, so that you could complain about street lights not working, or something. Pictures looked nice.

Evesham is bit backward - everybody born here has 12 toes and webbed hands, that kind of thing. Oxford - Birmingham would have taken you through Warwick & Leamington, where load sof my mates live. I used to live in Stratford upon Avon, which is where my social life is based. If you fancy a Shakespeare fix then you're welcome to stay with us...</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:29PM

<HTML>oh yay!
You know that's still my biggest regret (and shame) that for all the million times I've been in england, I still haven't been in Stratford upon Avon?????

And yes, I live there :) you saw it? cool!</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:33PM

<HTML>Yeah, I was more interested in how they used the software, but it looked cool, greener than I expected.

(btw day-glo pink hair was cool, despite your mockery. When it faded to baby pink was a little bit embarrassing...)

And your posts go up as I'm writing mine. Yes, they were noisy (too much detail follows) - only one loud gasp, followed by a lot of giggling and 'we shouldn't be, ooh, doing this'...

Must say, I've done some weird things, but not that.</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:36PM

<HTML>I wasn't mocking the day-glo, just finding it unusual :D
I do think it would look cool (and yes, better than baby pink ;))

(girls have welcomed you now, there)

Greener? Well, maybe you saw some places I still don't know ehehehe
But yes, it's better than living in the big city (ie Lisbon)</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:45PM

<HTML>I'm an ecologist - we're supposed to look for the green stuff!

For three years I was being dragged out into freezing cold weather by some bloke going:

'There's a tree, and bugger me, look!, another. And Ben, for God's sake put a hat over that hair, it's scaring the wildlife'

Followed by:

'Ben, are you taking the piss?' as soon as I'd put my hat on.

I'll explain about my hats another time, but for now just assume they're 'unique'</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:47PM

<HTML>where did the number go? Numbervores at large now in here ????

I wrote that 5 girls had welcomed you there...</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:49PM

<HTML>Why exclusively girls? Am I not attractive to blokes?

(Once again my subconcious lands me with awkward questions... ;-D)</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:50PM

<HTML>oooooohhhh I love hats!
I can't wait for the weather to go colder so I can start using mine! Thought they're kinda normal, a black beret and a black malleable hat -- with hair like mine you dont look good in normal hats, I'd look bald LOL

And yes, I want to know about your hats :)

The description is... erm... are you sure the guy wasn't acting in a comic tv series? ;)</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 01:53PM

<HTML>naaaa
it's just that no blokes have been online yet... :D

actually... *thinks hard* there's only Narci (he's gone camping in wales now, you 2 will have great talks about the best pints in england ;)) and Mr Cat (an old-ish american, quite nice). Victor pops in once in a while, hasn't been posting much...
That forum is basically the local pub for a bunch of cool friends, nowadays.... :D</HTML>

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.