New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re:
Posted by: ben t (195.224.227.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 01:59PM

<HTML>No, I swear, it's how it really happens. My hats are, er...

I've got two woolly hats that I wear when it gets cold, and I have afew that I don't wear. One of the woolly ones has a tail, two fins coming out the side of my head and a shark's fin on top. The other is five foot long, and can be used as a scarf at the same time. Alternatively, like when I was at Glastonbury, you can stick a tent pole in it and wear a hat five fot tall. My friends did not appreciate it, but I got on telly...

I want to get one with two pigtails like Brunhilde, but can't find it in my size.</HTML>

Re:
Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 02:02PM

<HTML>*excuse me while I crawl beneath my desk to be able to laugh properly*

It must be great walking around with you in those hats!!!! Except in fancy places ;)</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 02:03PM

<HTML>Talking about that guy, on a field trip he was lecturing us on how we had to respect the wildlife we were studying - whilst absent-mindedly gesturing with the crab held in his hand, which did not look happy. When the poor aggreived creature finally decided it had ahd enough, it bit him. At which point he dropped it and stamped on it. Hmm, lots of respect...</HTML>

Re:
Date: September 03, 2002 02:06PM

<HTML>maybe only properly trained wildlife should be respected ;) not the kind that does what it wants without considering poor teachers ....</HTML>

what, no subject?
Date: September 03, 2002 02:14PM

<HTML>Well if you if you can't get a housetrained crab then what can you do? ;-)</HTML>

Re: what, no subject?
Date: September 03, 2002 02:21PM

<HTML>what was a crab supposed to be doing in the mountains anyway?
or wasn't it the mountains and I'm already mixing up the stories?
lol
that's what happens when you're multitasking...

do you volunteer to housetrain a crab? ;)

hmmm I suppose I will work properly now, and not jump between windows, ok? see you later :)</HTML>

And now for something completely different
Posted by: ben tymens (195.224.227.---)
Date: September 03, 2002 02:21PM

<HTML>Just seen a TV review that comes close to Nextian, and is kinda relevant to last night's conversation:

'Romantic love was the invention of 12th century French troubadours. If this is true the troubadours have a lot to answer for, and the best thing that I can think of is to invent a time machine and beam a life-size waxwork of Barbara Cartland back 800 years. That should stop tham in their tracks' - Robert Hanks, Independent TV critic.</HTML>

Re: And now for something completely different
Date: September 03, 2002 02:24PM

<HTML>LOL
anyone volunteer to bookjump into a 12th century french history book?
or better yet, ask Thursday's dad for a lift there...

And yes, but I do am romantic, and I do find 'meeting of minds' romantic, with whomever it is... any 'person' :))))</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 02:31PM

<HTML>Well, I'm a hopeless romantic too. As in 'not very good at it'...

I'd trade the lot to get rid of Boyzone songs though ;-D</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 02:42PM

<HTML>Yes Yes kill every boyband, girlband, and songs that for much horrible as they are always stick in your mind!!!! lol

(this you see my post saying goodbye for now? -- anyway, what am I doing here still...? Bea, go to work!!!!!)

(hopeless as a synonym for not very good at? that *is* perfect and justifies my life LOL)</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 02:48PM

<HTML>I ought to be doing somework as well, and my supervisor is looking suspicious. Speak to you later,
b ;-D</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 03:42PM

<HTML>I couldn't resist checking, dammit! ;-D</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 04:05PM

<HTML>me neither ;)
although it was later than you... I've just finished reading a powerpoint presentation giving the basics of my new assignment, and I understood it all so I thought I deserved a treat (ie checking new posts eheheh)

I only work late when I really need to, though. I don't think it's a performance indicator to work overtime (paid or, in my case, unpaid) all the time, if anything it shows you're not organised and can't perform well. I think I'm beginning to show that to 'my people' eheheh</HTML>

Date: September 03, 2002 04:06PM

<HTML>Btw, if this is an english site, why is the time that shows on the messages CET?
(ie, 1 hour ahead)
Sometimes it makes me really confused, until I remember it's not the right time...</HTML>

Posted by: ben t (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 03, 2002 07:05PM

<HTML>I've got no idea why it'd be CET. Maybe It's the French revisionists again?</HTML>

Posted by: Bea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: September 03, 2002 09:31PM

<HTML>yes, that's it!!!!!!
after all, it's french time... they want to uniformise europe, make everybody have the same time as them!!!
GO GO GO AWAY! Je ne vais pas surrender lol

I missed you tonight :( was busy watching the last episode of 'Six feet under', gawd I love that series!!!!!</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 08:16AM

<HTML>I meant that I usually go online at night at home around 8.15, 8.30, and stay for an hour or so, but last night I connected later.
And you'd been online at my usual time.

Tonight and tomorrow I won't be around at that time either, dinner with friends tonight and dinner with parents tomorrow.... just so you know.

Good morning anyway :)</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 10:14AM

<HTML>Morning :-D

It's alright, my parents are looking for somewhere to go on holiday, otehrwise I would have been on longer,I'm going to have to cut down the time I spend during work hours too, as people are starting to twig. I'll be online a lot more once I'm at uni again thoguh, so give it a month and I'll be back to normal ;-D

See what you mean about smilies being boring here!

Just filled out details for a company with 2 employess, and 1000 computers. I suspect there's somebody doing an Enron here...</HTML>

Posted by: Bea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 04, 2002 10:30AM

<HTML>lol and their business isn't selling comps?
I mean, I suppose I could work in several computers, but having several windows open in just 1 computer sounds more reasonable lol

Ok, I can wait 1 month :) anyway, I have been busier lately too (yes, I still haven't read all the stuff - and in 30 min I'll have to entertain until lunch time a guy from the belgium plant who's visiting, and the people he's with want to have a meeting without him lol I don't know what to say, especially as I've already done and sent all the questions he'd been asking me to. Maybe he's got more work for me?

So you're in an open space area, everybody can see your comp? I have my own office, with the screen turned against the door (that's always open, mind), so I'm ok :D

And I thought everybody went on holidays in July and August and only crazy people like me went in other months, lol. Although my parents are going to visit my sister (and see London too) at the end of the month though... but they no longer work, so they have all the free time they want...</HTML>

Date: September 04, 2002 10:34AM

<HTML>Oh, just for your info, I'm usually online during the day around 8-8.30 (just arriving to work), 10.30 (morning break), 1-2 (lunch break) and 4 (afternoon break)</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.