New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Jasper Fforde at Microcon 2003
Posted by: Jo Foster (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:01PM

<HTML>Microcon 2003 is coming! Exeter University Science-Fiction Society's annual convention promises to be bigger and better than ever before. Fun and frolics with authors and comic book writers without a single Star Trek uniform in sight!
Jasper Fforde is our Guest of Honour, and other guests include Paul Cornell, Paul Leonard, Job Courtenay Grimwood and Stephen Palmer.

Microcon is happening on the 1st and 2nd March (9.30-5.30 on the 1st and 12.30-5.30 on the 2nd), on the Exeter University Campus.

Tickets cost £5.00 for the weekend, and £3.50 concessions or for advance tickets. Please make cheques payable to EUGS and send to Jo Foster, Flat A3, 11 Kingdom Mews, Exeter, EX4 4BU.

For more information please see our website: [gosh.ex.ac.uk]
or email Jo on J.B.Foster@ex.ac.uk

Looking forward to seeing you all there!</HTML>

Re: Jasper Fforde at Microcon 2003
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:10PM

<HTML>and if that wasn't exciting enough, I'm probably going to be there, which won't count as a major attraction, but still...</HTML>

Posted by: Jo Foster (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:14PM

<HTML>And if anyone knows html coding (poor ickle me doesn't understand computers that well) could they code my microcon link?

Thanks!</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.rdg.ac.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:19PM

<HTML>Click <a href="http://gosh.ex.ac.uk/societies/scifi/microcon.html">this link here</a> for the Microcon Website.

Interesting note - Microcon has a remarkable habit of homouring authors just before they become ridiculously popular. With LIAGB due for publishing in the US, and WOLP over here, maybe history will be repeating itself?</HTML>

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:25PM

<HTML>Some how, despite helping my flatmates to organize it, i've never made it to the Microcon yet. Somehow I always seem to be horibly hungover, I think I made it to the pub at the end of it last year tho, memories of that time are hazy...</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 12:32PM

<HTML>I could go .... I have a mother-in-law in Torquay I can sponge a bed off ....</HTML>

Re: Jasper Fforde at Swindon 2003
Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 04:01PM

<HTML>This just in;

Wednesday May 7th 2003, 8:45 PM
Appearance at the Swindon Literary Festival, Swindon, Wiltshire, UK. This is a major coup for me! Anyone staying overnight, try the 'Madison' hotel near the Honda factory as this was the basis for the 'Finis Hotel' in the book. Sadly, no Cheshire Cat bar and Grill, though!
<A HREF=http://www.swindonfestivalofliterature.co.uk>Swindon Festival Website</A> - the 2003 site is now up!

(from the main JFf site).</HTML>

Re: Jasper Fforde at Swindon 2003
Posted by: ScarletBea (194.196.168.---)
Date: January 29, 2003 08:06AM

<HTML>Is Jasper appearing on the 1st or the 2nd day????
By a strange twist of fate I may be in england that weekend....</HTML>

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: January 29, 2003 09:22AM

<HTML>At Microcon or at Swindon?

At Microcon he will be around for both the days, his Guest of Honour speech is on the Sunday.</HTML>

Posted by: Jo (---.ex.ac.uk)
Date: January 30, 2003 03:46PM

<HTML>And he is also now giving a talk/reading on the Saturday.</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 30, 2003 10:43PM

<HTML>Whoo-hoo!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.