New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Toast Interview - re old post
Posted by: Karen (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: January 28, 2003 02:02PM

<HTML>Someone mentioned being phoned up re doing an interview about Toast in the erm "real world". Seriously - I am sure I read that once many months ago from one of the regular Fforumers - phoned up by the BBC maybe or something?

I am dying to know what happened. Did this interview actually happen and if so did anyone hear it?

I'm in Melbourne so I definitely never heard it but I do wonder about these things...(can't stand the unresolved thing - have no patience - hence waiting for TN3 is agony)</HTML>

Re: Toast Interview - re old post
Posted by: Ooktavia (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: January 28, 2003 02:53PM

<HTML>It was me, I'm afraid- some BBC researcher who was looking for people to talk about their favourite foods, in particular, comfort food, and wanted me (and others, I think) to be interviewd becuase we'd said something very wittty/amusing about toast on here. I was in Perth, WA, at the time, so couldn't come for and interview--- Damn! And now I am in Staffordshire, double damn!!
But hey, I'm meeting Wilfred, Sarah & Dave in Buxton on Friday- we will have the warmth of shred interests, if not the warmth of sunshine... Melbourne.... sunnyy...... sigh *trails away muttering enviously*</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 03:42PM

<HTML>Ah, more connectivity and six-degrees of separation stuff. Sarah and Dave have of course met Rob and t'other Dave and Adam, and he's met me (well, I met him first I suppose ... I dunno that very ickle babies can be capable of meeting) and Ben has met Bea (who of course has met Carla see remark re babies) and also Jo Foster who has met Fuzz (I think). Ben and I are planning to meet for nefarious purposes of our own, which means that very few of us aren't connected in some way, and I'm sure we can net you if we try hard enough. Dunno how we get Karen, Magda and Twila joined up, though.

Shred interests? That would be marmalade, then.</HTML>

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 06:37PM

<HTML><i>Dunno how we get Karen, Magda and Twila joined up, though.</i>

Lots of string?</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: January 28, 2003 06:58PM

<HTML>And no doubt a spoon on the end of that...

Somebody was chasing me over toast as well, but I changed my email so never heard any more. And did you really want me on TV?

And who on earth reads old threads? Apart from me, obviously (check out the oldest one...)</HTML>

Posted by: Jon (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 28, 2003 08:19PM

<HTML>My God. I feel like Ranulph Fiennes*, having trekked all the way back to the very first post (or the oldest surviving one, anyway), somewhere in the carbonaceous era, avoiding several boojums en route, just to see what Ben had done. And was it worth it when I got there? No.

* - but I've forgotten his phone number</HTML>

Date: January 28, 2003 09:18PM

<HTML>i never said it was worth it. Especialy now I'm going to have to trek back through to see if you added any comment...</HTML>

Posted by: Karen (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: January 28, 2003 09:19PM

<HTML>Oh thanks for the resolution!

BTW I wasn't actually reading old posts I just remembered it from reading it months ago in real time when it was current. In the back of my mind swirling around was the idea that some time someone was going to be interviewed about Toast and every now and again I would wonder about it. I was actually thinking it was a radio interview - hence even if o/s one could still do it. When I read "BBC" I always think radio but of course it's TV too isn't it?

Weather - It is about to be 40 degrees Celcius today and that is way, way too hot espec considering much of Australia, including Victoria has and still is having bushfires - but then this is uncommonly hot even for summer.</HTML>

Date: January 29, 2003 07:31PM

<HTML>Yeah, yeah, rub it in.
I have a cold, it' sleeting/snowing/raining here, it's not Perth or Sydney where I am anymore, and you expect sympathy?? Hah! Yes, Hah! I say!. It's a pity we can't send weather patterns backpacking, now, isn't it? I'm sure desert-like tempatures etc would love to see dear damp england etc, and I'm sure our rains and fogs and chill damp would like to go somewhere exotic.....</HTML>

Date: January 29, 2003 10:56PM

<HTML>What? Like Birmingham? (French slang for 'boring', btw)</HTML>

Date: January 30, 2003 07:11PM

<HTML>Sir! Do you insult the city I spent six years in?
Yes?
Oh, all right then.

(I meant to stay one weekend, I got trapped at spaggetti junction fly over no 1277 a</HTML>

Date: January 30, 2003 10:42PM

<HTML>I live just down the road. And it was the French, not me. Birmingham has a very nice climbing wall which I was playing on just yesterday, but it also forms the French 'etre de Birmingham' - which translates as 'bored stupid' - no, really....</HTML>

Posted by: Sarah B (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: January 31, 2003 04:36PM

<HTML>There's nowt wrong with Brum. It's a lovely *ahem* little *ahem* city *ahem*...

We could all write an irate letter about Toast and send it to 'Points of View' on the BBC, complaining about the lack of Toast in <insert appropriate programme here> as we feel it should be better represented as a major food group. I'm sure they'd read it out for sheer comedy factor.

Are you tying me onto the piece of string as well?</HTML>

Posted by: Magda (---.dialip.mich.net)
Date: February 05, 2003 04:09AM

<HTML>I suspect the simplest way to tie myself, Twila, and anyone else here in the States into the net would be for us to manage to catch up with Jasper on one of his book tour stops in April, and then for at least one of you folks to meet him in Swindon or at Microcon.

Unless one of you happens to know an American named Dan (or is it Dave?) Prather (Pronounced with a long A) who is currently living in London. He's my best friend's brother.</HTML>

Date: February 05, 2003 11:56PM

<HTML>Hmm, let me think...

Nope.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.