New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: questions
Posted by: ben t (195.224.227.---)
Date: September 05, 2002 03:17PM

<HTML>Hiya Dave,

at elast you got to flog a load of stuff, even if it did bring a load of emails in...

Bea --> If you're feeling really down, jsut remember you're part of a three man team taking over this entire forum! ;-) I haven't had this much fun since my last relationship split up, so at least somebody appreciates you. *hugs*</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 05, 2002 03:23PM

<HTML>*hugs back*
Thank God for all the wonderful friends I have, old and new :) *hugs back*

Actually it's a 2-man+1-lass-team ;) if we want to be precise ;)
And why do I have the feeling that soon enough we'll have Jasper himself in our doorstep (real or virtual ;)) complaining? Or maybe he'll just thank us for making this a place people want to come to :D
and maybe he'll get ideas for his books from our crazy antics ;)</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 03:39PM

<HTML>I suspect we scare more people off than we attract. And I was using 'man' in the sense of people, because in spirit I am still five years old. I reckon it's like dog years, where you have to multiply by five. In my case you divide by four to get my mental age... ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 05, 2002 04:09PM

<HTML>oh, that'll be sums again (see mycroft maths thread).

Can we do away with threads and just have our own forum?</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 04:11PM

<HTML>We could, but it's more fun to confuse the hell out of people who stupidly expected to find people talking about nextian stuff here...

Can I haev an etropyscope with two types of invisible beads please? I like the idea of owning one, but don't want to scare myself with too many weird coincidences - I'd rather stay ignorant...</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 04:11PM

<HTML>move to ome then ;)</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 04:15PM

<HTML>Memo:

* get a small jar (baby food type)
* get beads of 2 colours
* make "coincidence verifying device"

:D</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 04:39PM

<HTML>Tried to calculate my real age using my method. Had to take socks off. Got odd looks of people. Still couldn't do the sums.</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 04:44PM

<HTML>Why be shy and use a baby food jar?

What you want is one petrol storage tank, 200 bowling balls and a crane. If the whole lot starts levitating, something weird is happening. ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: Jasper (---.man.dial.ntli.net)
Date: September 05, 2002 04:51PM

<HTML>Looks like a soap opera is performing here live on my very own forum! This being 2002 and with the current obsession for 'real life' drama I have already sold the rights to Channel 4 - you both air tomorrow evening at 9:00 and will be on the front page of 'Hello' next week.

If you want an entroposcope I have posted a DIY version at <www.jasperfforde.com/download1.html> and is downloadable in a flatpack self assembly form.

Nextian wishes

Jasper</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 04:53PM

<HTML>LOL
I was looking for the travel presentation package you know ;)
Anyway, have you tried? :P

Gawd I'm bored... I'll go to the gym before going to parents'.. walk around a bit...

Hope tomorroe you've got more net access than today, and me too (I mean, not get too much work lol)
bye! *hugs*</HTML>

??
Date: September 05, 2002 04:57PM

<HTML>Ben, is that you taking the p***?
lol

If not, oh well, thanks, but I hated Big Brother and I'm proud to say I haven't watched a single minute of it *giggles* All the millions that read this forum is enough to witness my crazyness, thanks :D

and lol, Dave had already told me I'd been calling it by a weird name not true at all... anyway, I do want to make one and keep it handy at home :D
I'll be watching the mailbox anyway ;)</HTML>

Anyway
Date: September 05, 2002 04:58PM

<HTML>I forgot to say, Jasper, thanks for bringing me and Ben and Dave together :D</HTML>

Re: Anyway
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 05, 2002 05:02PM

<HTML>does it come with flashing lights and instructions? Apparently IKEA are investigating a flat-pack that tells you when you're going wrong...

Foolproof flat-pack warns of assembly errors
[www.newscientist.com]

:-)</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 05:09PM

<HTML>Bea! Oh you of little faith...

I suspect thet really was Mr Fforde, and he didn't seem that pissed off at being able to sell it to Channel 4!

I was taking the piss with the crane and stuff though....

Hello Mr Fforde!</HTML>

Date: September 05, 2002 05:18PM

<HTML>Thinking about the flatpack with the flashing lights and stuff, could you use microsoft as an entropy verfication thingummy? 'Cause I reckon if you can get through an entire day without either word, excel or explorer crashing, then that has to be too weird to be just coincidence...

Ben, struggling with his computer *again*</HTML>

Posted by: Bea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: September 05, 2002 11:16PM

<HTML>Poor Ben :(
Yes, now Ive seen other posts of his and apparently it *was* Jasper himself! The MAN!
whoa *faints* I'm glad he didn't shout at us ;) I hope you have better luck with the net tomorrow Ben :)

(yes, it *is* late... yes, I just arrived home and couldn't resist coming to check new posts... how sad it that? ;))</HTML>

Posted by: ben t (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 06, 2002 12:04AM

<HTML>Very sad. Says ben online at the same time...</HTML>

Posted by: ben t (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 06, 2002 12:30AM

<HTML>Dammit, I was so busy mailing Bea I didn't get to speak to her. Does anybody else have this problem? Bea, you now have mail. It's probably useless, but then I've been as bad as T before, so it's difficult for me to say much without condemning myself. I think you understand.

I hope you're feeling better tomorrow (today?), and if you aren't we'll try and cheer you up anyway. And I suspect Mr Fforde passing through may have put as big a smile on your face as mine...</HTML>

Date: September 06, 2002 10:27AM

<HTML>Ben, what mail?
:(
I never got any, are you sure you sent it to the right address?
I haven't received anything from you since... wednesday!!!!
:((((
or maybe you're talking about a pm on ome? I've just arrived at work (doc earlier) and still haven't been there...

And last night it was only 15 minutes ;) just the night fix eheheh

I do feel better today thanks :)
(yes, lol, I couldn't believe we were being admired by Mr F himself lol)

suddenly realises the mail *is* a pm on ome and rushes off...

see you later *hugs*</HTML>

Goto Page: Previous12345Next
Current Page: 3 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.