New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Minsky
Posted by: Sarah (---.vip.uk.com)
Date: February 08, 2003 04:54PM

As most of you know, Minsky the intrepid tabby has been posting on this Fforum from time to time. Does anyone know whether I can get him his own login, or whether he will have to borrow my ID from now on in order to post? I know this is probably a silly question, but for one thing I'm not great with computers, and for another I'm currently up to my ears in lingerie. (Don't ask...)

Minsky sends purrs to everyone here, and says he has no intention of abandoning you all if he can help it. He likes intelligent humans. Apparently his brother is just too sleepy for a good conversation, and the ginger cats are too hyperactive. (Minsky says Heidi is just plain stupid, but I don't think that's very nice!)

..........................................................................................

That which does not kill us makes us stranger.
(Llewelyn the dragon, Ozy and Millie)

Sarah

Re: Minsky
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: February 08, 2003 04:56PM

Hmm, no idea if there's a way round it. I suspect that you'd have to keep logging between ids, personally.

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Posted by: fuzz (---.cableinet.co.uk)
Date: February 08, 2003 05:13PM

You could have one browser set to login as you (eg Netscape) and another set to login as Minsky (eg Oprah). Might be slightly unwieldy tho.

Date: February 08, 2003 05:15PM

Depends how the fforum recognises you though, surely? It's all to do with how the cookies crumble, arf!

(and yes, I did miss the fforum, hence excessive punnage and postings... I even got withdrawal symptoms and started trembling...)

PSD

==========

This is the work of an Italian narco-anarchic collective. Don't bother insulting them, they can't read English anyway.

Date: February 08, 2003 05:52PM

Er... all I've got on here to my knowledge is Microsoft Internet Exploder (typo quite intentional). Oh well, Minsky can always add footnotes to my posts for the time being. Thanks for the advice, anyway.

[Footnote from Minsky: This is damned undignified! I'd have you know I happen to be the undisputed king over at least six gardens and a large area of dead-end street. I strongly object to having to tag along after a mere human, even if she does feed me... *lashes tail angrily*]

{Toenote from Sarah again: Oh, don't mind him, he'll just have to lump it, at least for a while!}

..........................................................................................

Sarah

Date: February 08, 2003 05:57PM

How about changing the signature to 'Written by Minsky' and then only switching it on for him?

PSD

==========

Date: February 08, 2003 05:58PM

H'mm... now that's a good thought. Thanks, Ben. :-)

Sarah

Posted by: Sarah B (---.blueyonder.co.uk)
Date: February 09, 2003 08:41PM

Otherwise you would have to log out and back in and the what-not...

Or put Minksy: subject in the subject heading... though you'd then have to say who was who in the thread as well... ok, Ben's idea was better!

--------------

There's a hole in my creativity bucket and it's all leaked out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.