New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Want to be in my next book?
Posted by: Jasper Fforde (---.server.ntl.com)
Date: September 24, 2001 01:31PM

<HTML>Bid for a part in the next Thursday Next Novel, and help the Usk House Day Hospice!

Okay, I know I announced this on the 19th July and it has taken a while to get it together, but the deal is now on: You can be in the next Next novel!

In the second novel in the series, 'Lost in a Good Book', (UK edition) I will be auctioning off a part in the book in support of the Usk House Day Hospice in Brecon. If you want to meet Thursday Next, ask her a question and have her answer you, now is your opportunity!

To see the full rules and conditions go to:

[www.jasperfforde.com]

Bidding ends on the 1st December 2001

**Also 'The Eyre Affair' upgrade V1.4 now shipping!**</HTML>

Re: Want to be in my next book?
Posted by: John Howard (---.car.ntl.com)
Date: September 26, 2001 09:27PM

<HTML>Jasper,

Who wouldn't want to be in such exalted company.
Consider me gone ans bidding.</HTML>

Posted by: Ruth Evans (---.btinternet.com)
Date: September 29, 2001 10:19AM

<HTML>Jasper,

Re : Lost in a Good Book

Mastadons, hmmm. I think wooly mammoths are more cuddly, if a little on the large side. Perhaps when they are cloned a few adjustments could be made. I wouldn't want a full size one in the lounge, unless it could fold itself into a sofa shape. You never know what genetics is capable of creating these days!

(Like the picture of your mum, by the way. Will be sure and wave to her next time I see her. She's been round our way quite a lot lately.)

R</HTML>

Posted by: Usual Suspect (---.iaw.on.ca)
Date: October 04, 2001 12:59AM

<HTML>Jasper!! It's going to take a consortium to come up with enough cash for the final bid as it stands now! Wonderful for your charity !!! We'll see what transpires as Dec.1 approaches.
In the meantime, any word back on distribution of the Eyre Affair in Canada by the British publishers? are we going to have to wait for copies from the American publishers? will Mycroft ever investigate the profligation of wire coat hangers in the world's closets after discovering the location of all the missing hammers?
Best, Jeff</HTML>

Posted by: Will Creswell (---.gsi.gov.uk)
Date: October 12, 2001 05:12PM

<HTML>Jasper,

I always thought that you were a certifiable loony, and now it's confirmed in print! You are correct - your Pa would have been proud.

I first learnt of your growing fame when I discovered a gaggle of my staff lurking in a corner and chuckling mysteriously to themselves. Then I saw what they were reading - Imagine my surprise! You should be aware that you are rapidly becoming a cult hero amongst the younger cognoscenti in London. I should go for some plastic surgery and affect an Eastern European accent from now on if I were you.

Nice pic of your Mum.

I shall finish reading the book and then comment further, but wish you well in the interim. Tickety Boo and inflatable pants.

Your cousin,
Will.</HTML>

Posted by: gina (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 16, 2001 08:54PM

<HTML>Probably shouldn't be here. I'm onlyup to Chapter V, but I am an incurable readerof the last pages before I should.

So, an untimely question (probably) : Is Acheron Hades responsible for De Flores being able to hide a sword in the time "between the two acts" in Middleton and
Rowley's "The Changeling" ?

Oh, and while I'm here, is he the 4th Murderer in "Macbeth" ?</HTML>

Posted by: Lillo Tramontana (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: November 17, 2001 11:59AM

<HTML>i would love to be in your NEXT book, but how on earth are you going to find a literary reference with my name in it; ( Lillo Tramontana.) My last name is the name of a wind , so that could be a way in . Mmmmmmmmmm i think I'll have a go. Fantastic read , by the way .

All the best
Lillo</HTML>

Posted by: Peter cvacaiuti (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: February 19, 2002 03:47AM

<HTML>Dear Jasper,

Im in Portland Oregon again working on The Hunted with Bill Freidkin again.I walked into Powells bookshop today and over onto information and would you believe that you and your book were highlighted on the helpers computer.So off I went and bought two copies one for a friend and one for Bill Freidkin,helping the UK export market!!
I should be back in the UK in the next two weeks I will call on my return.The web site looks good excentric fun.

KEEP WELL

all the best,

Pete Cavaciuti</HTML>

Posted by: Carole Ward (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 22, 2002 01:53PM

<HTML>Hurry with the next book please Jasper, I am having withdrawal symptoms !!</HTML>

Posted by: Carole Ward (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: May 22, 2002 01:53PM

<HTML>Hurry with the next book please Jasper, I am having withdrawal symptoms !!</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.