New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Cake!
Posted by: vampire (---.ptldor.dsl-w.verizon.net)
Date: May 04, 2006 07:45AM

Well, I accepted cake, said something stupid, and didn't return for months. I think I've done that before. Except for the cake. Thanks for the cake, anyway!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You wants it? How Gollum-esque!

Re: Cake!
Posted by: Zuki-pah (---.perm.iinet.net.au)
Date: May 04, 2006 01:38PM

Hi Vampire,

You don't know me, I'm new, but I just wanted to say there's more cake available over in Nextian Chat. However I strongly suggest you go for the marshmallows instead, as the marzipan is a bit old. Oh, and if you decide to enter the thread without a subject (started by Lady T) be sure to wear ear-plugs or some other such protection - it's quite loud in there!

- Zuki-pah

Date: May 09, 2006 01:16AM

Ah! Thanks for the advice!
I've just remembered why I haven't been on here in so long -- the people here all seem very tightly knit, and very much wittier than I am. . . . It isn't good for my self esteem. But hey, there is cake! (And marshmallows! Plock Plock!)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: May 09, 2006 02:54AM

Witty? Hah! The best I can manage is a fish pun once in a while. And tightly knit? Took Zuki-pah hardly any time at all to fit right in! So don't be shy! (Besides, we need someone to take the rest of the cake off our hands--it's getting stale.)

Posted by: Puck (---.bloomfield.org)
Date: May 09, 2006 05:35PM

There's always room for one more!

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Date: May 10, 2006 02:14AM

Yay! Perhaps I'm just easily intimidated. Not to mention irritated by my inability to change the mediocre screenname I made last summer. All righty then, cake and fish puns it is!
. . . . . Although I personally believe a pun is an atrocity which ought to be outlawed. . . . .

Date: May 10, 2006 02:46AM

I can't get into the infamous "thread without a subject." Am I clicking in the wrong place, or is it exclusive?

Posted by: MuseSusan (---.union.edu)
Date: May 10, 2006 03:28AM

Someone figured it out, and deserves a prize…(if I can remember who it was)…Go to the thread below it, and click "Newer Topic" at the top or bottom right. Or go to the thread above it and click "Older Topic". We figure it's like a secret treehouse with a very elaborate entrance ritual.

Posted by: Puck (---.bloomfield.org)
Date: May 10, 2006 03:21PM

Be careful, though. It's very... uh... surreal...

(but that's a good thing, of course!)

Post Edited (05-10-06 16:23)

-------------------------
Metaphors be with you!

Date: May 14, 2006 07:31AM

Eureka!
It's brilliant!
I can't imagine what life would be like if you hadn't shown me into the tree house!
Surely my clocks would be melting by now!

Posted by: robcraine (83.218.27.---)
Date: May 14, 2006 10:27PM

Oooh... a post down in 'ThursdayNext'... thats a novelty. I see this place still needs redecorating - I do prefer the decor in the rest of the fforum.

I've done that before.... said something stupid somewhere then dissappeared off the face of the group for a while. Don't worry. No-one can remember what you did or said... although there is a search feature...

Anyway re-welcome. There might be some of your original cake arround somewhere.

We may be tightly knit round here... but we're also willing to knit tightly with any newcomers...

Rob

------
That statement is either so deep it would take a lifetime to fully comprehend every particle of its meaning, or it is a load of absolute tosh. Which is it, I wonder?
Terry Pratchett, Hogfather

Date: May 17, 2006 02:46AM

Redecorating? I'm afraid I didn't notice. But then, I rarely do, except I'm often quite unnerved when I walk into a room or store (i.e. See's Candy) which is entirely decorated in white. It's freaky, man!

Perhaps I should go on a quest for my original cake. It was a special kind of cake too, but I can't remember what it was -- something I hadn't heard of.

Thanks for the re-welcome -- I'm starting to feel as though I'm fishing for compliments, or at least welcomes. Maybe I was. . . . Whatever.

Post Edited (05-17-06 03:47)

Date: May 20, 2006 12:42AM

Oh! wow, I'm more oblivious than I thought.
I see the problem with the decor now.

Posted by: Anonymous User (---.sktn.hsdb.sasknet.sk.ca)
Date: July 26, 2006 06:46PM

I can't get over how much I love your signature. Just thought i tell you:)

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: September 06, 2006 09:46AM

Hi all,

I just popped in from Nextian Chat (took a wrong turning somewhere, probably). Have any of you seen a thread comparing/contrasting the different styles in TN and NCD books?
I tried searching unsuccessfully, which was very successful, but as I come from Nextian Chat my crieria may be suspect.

P.S. I brought chocolate if anyone wants some.

edited for a typo

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/06/2006 12:43PM by SkidMarks.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.