New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
WOW
Posted by: Lisa Elliott Next (195.224.127.---)
Date: September 05, 2002 03:49PM

<HTML>I would like to take this opportunity to thank my friend, Mary, for telling me about these books. I have just finished reading both of them and am going through the stage many of you will be familar with - How the Hell I Am Supposed to Survive Until July 2003?

I am hoping that by going back and re-reading TEA and LIAGB will assist me in getting passed this stage. I shall let you know if it works.

Mr Fforde,
There isn't much more that I can say to you except - Thanks. You weave a very enthralling narrative. I don't know if anyone has ever told you that before, but you do.</HTML>

Re: WOW
Posted by: ben t (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 06, 2002 12:44AM

<HTML>I think you need 'Nextaholics Anonymous', and your friend is obviously a pusher, and therefore in urgent need of support. We at Nextaholics Anonymous would like to help all those obsessed with Next in their wait until the next book, so come along to our meeting at 'Nextaholics Anonymous'... (or whatever the hell I called the thread, dammit it's almost one in the morning, I'm drunk, tired and still waiting for 'Well of Lost Plots)</HTML>

Posted by: Cilantro (---.ph.inter.net)
Date: September 13, 2002 03:05PM

<HTML>A week ago a friend handed me the LIaGB and told me to read it and tell her whether it was good or not, as she had read the first, but this seemed different and hard to understand since she hadnt read all the books it mentioned (and she is an English Lit teacher!)

I had no idea what to expect and it took me a couple of chapters to get into it. But Im just amazed at the creativity and sense of humor of this Jasper guy. I didnt recognize all the things that Im sure others do, but I think its kind of addicting. This whole world he has developed is scary and strange, yet fun. And Im happy I dont live in it.

Anyway, I cant wait to read TEA. So where is this Anonymous group?</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 13, 2002 03:12PM

<HTML>Cilantro, welcome to this crazy world :D

Nextaholics Anonymous meet in the thread just below this one ;)</HTML>

Posted by: Karen (---.syd.ops.aspac.uu.net)
Date: October 03, 2002 07:48AM

<HTML>I have also just read both the books (in a 3 day frenzy) and have been astounded and delighted by them. It is so rare to find a new (to me anyway) author with such novel (ha) ideas and quite respectful of the reader (relying on them to have some nous of their own).

I can not wait 9 days let alone 9 months for a new book!

One thing I will say (and may enter the competition on this very topic) is don't let people read the blurbs, it ruins it. I have lent my copies out and said "don't read the blurb", just wait and see because the narrative truly is amazing and you couldn't guess what is going to happen, it's better if it a surprise.

I am disappointed I have just missed any chance to see the author here in Melbourne as he was apparently just here 2 weeks ago - but maybe he is better as a mysterious figure.

It's 4.51pm Melbourne time on the 3rd October - which we write as 3/10/02 by the way as I note an interest in dates and times (natch) amongst the writers.

Karen
Ps Jasper could Thursday do a dare I use the hateful term, "downunder" book or even episode, if she can go to Wales and to Japan she could make it to Melbourne couldn't she?</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.