New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Where is Bea?
Posted by: Dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 16, 2002 03:36PM

<HTML>No sign of Bea on the Fforums? Has she been abducted by SpecOps?

Has she done a runner? Is she on her way to England to track down Ben? (should be easy to find with the bright pink hair...)

Any sightings, report back....

ps. *whispers* Quiet in here, isn't it?</HTML>

Re: Where is Bea?
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 16, 2002 11:11PM

<HTML>Bea went to Italy today to inspect a factory. I figure it should be fairly hard to hide, so she should be back soon....

Would be writing during the day, but I'd upset a load of people if the phone bill suddenly doubled. Will keep writing during the evening though, unless I gfo out drinking with my dad; in which case I won't make much sense.

If Bea turns up on my doorstep I'll be sure to scream online!</HTML>

Posted by: Dave Graham (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: September 16, 2002 11:23PM

<HTML>I write during the day, risking the wrath of The Powers That Be, but I was trying to work out how to get WordPerfect to do something snazzy.

Went for a nice run at lunchtime, cleared some cobwebs away, got it sorted. All I've got to do now is code up the document (tomorrow's highly exciting task, expect more posts....)

Is something up wth OME? Can't get into it.</HTML>

Date: September 16, 2002 11:26PM

<HTML>OME not working here either - figure it can't cope with my wit....

Everybody coping without me?

Had a near rewligous experiecne today. Since the age of 15 I haven't been able to look at cider, except for when the Wurzles persuaded me to have a pint. Tonight I've had four of proper farmhouse cider - without the bubbles and evil chemicals, and I've really enjoyed it. Is there a cure? Or is it just commercial cider that is evil?</HTML>

Posted by: Dave Graham (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: September 16, 2002 11:31PM

<HTML>I had a great pint of Old Rosie once. It was virtually clear. Fantastic stuff, about 9% proof.

We were working our way down the beer menu at this pub in Leeds, saving Old Rosie for last, when it arrived we were a little surprised as we thought it was going to be a bitter. No matter. A pint of that soon put the world to rights.

Minibrewery/locally produced cider can be fantastic. Commercial cider is ^%*(ing awful.

Still prefer a nice pint of real beer. Or stout.</HTML>

Date: September 16, 2002 11:40PM

<HTML>Agreed - the line between bitter and stout can be a fine one anyway. Cider is something really rare for me, but tonight I just fancied it and was repayed with a fantastic one - Bulmers, if anyone cares - which had the taste of Golden Delicious skins...

The one apple I'd love to taste as cider is Red Falstaff. As a juice it's really strange - like those apples you get where the flesh dissolves in the mouth. Bloody nice though...

One regret i have is going to Normandy on a French Exchange and not trying locla cider - although I enjoyed Calvados. The cloudiness put me off. On the other hand it was the first time I kissed someone, so I figure that one adult experience was enough...</HTML>

I'm here :D
Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 18, 2002 08:51AM

<HTML>TA DA!!!!

Yes I was in Italy, but no, not inspecting a factory lol
I was in the factory learning about more stuff I have to do *big sigh*

And I'd already told I'm not appearing unannounced in anybody's doorstep lol

And ome was down? oh gosh, glad I wasn't around eheheh

*hugs dave and ben*</HTML>

Re: I'm here :D
Posted by: 100 posts!! (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 18, 2002 09:21AM

<HTML>hoorah! Bea's back! *does mini jig round pc*

It was v.quiet here without you. Did you send us a postcard?</HTML>

Date: September 18, 2002 09:43AM

<HTML>Of course, I thought you'd received it already, travelling as it was at the speed of light....
gosh, you can't even trust light...

(on a more serious note, I'm so full of work you won't see me here much, just on small breaks like now... I have to take a deep breath and not get scared *tries not to start panicking* :( I could use a hug... )</HTML>

Date: September 18, 2002 11:14AM

<HTML>well, you can break the speed of light using a fairly simple set of stuff, according to last week's New Scientist....

Also full of work. More merge codes in WordPerfect. Ick.

Don't panic. Breeeeeaaaathe. And relax.

one cyber-hug on it's way.............................................................................................................................................................*hug*

ah, there it is...</HTML>

Thanks!
Date: September 18, 2002 01:06PM

<HTML>Thanks!

Although it did ruin the screen ;)

*hugs back*

how's Eddie?</HTML>

Re: Thanks!
Date: September 18, 2002 03:17PM

<HTML>sorry about that.. looked ok on mine until I went back into it...

Eddie's fine. He was up at 6am this morning though. Two-coffee morning today.

Went to see Signs last night, so had a late night. Pretty good. Funny and scary...</HTML>

????
Date: September 23, 2002 03:48PM

<HTML>Why did this die?
Where is everybody?
Ben? Dave?

I know I've been very busy, but still.... I drop around every once in a while...

Why am I so tired all the time? :(</HTML>

Re: ????
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 23, 2002 04:20PM

<HTML>I'm here. I was up in Newcastle this weekend getting v.drunk as it was my stag do.

Good fun, but the hitchhike back from Aberdeen took some time. Jolly cold too, starkers.

I'm just hoping the eyebrows grow back in time for the wedding. 2 weeks on saturday, should be enough time, surely?</HTML>

Re: ????
Date: September 23, 2002 07:40PM

<HTML>Yeah, should be enough time, but best dilute the turps a bit before cleaning up certain areas....

Haven't been posting here as nobody else was, and been busy at OME.

Re eyebrows - get some Fortean style orange fakes ones. Nobody will notice....</HTML>

lol
Date: September 24, 2002 08:25AM

<HTML>Hey Dave :)

I thought about that, but then I remembered it was only in 2 weeks, and usually around here you do that just the week before.
And I thought than in england you just did it on the eve of the event (see story about guy who was late for wedding for being tied to railtracks and so on LOL)
So you came out mildly, was that it? ;)

:)</HTML>

Re: lol
Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: September 24, 2002 09:49AM

<HTML>yup, got off lightly.

Actually was a tame affair. Beer, pizza, more beer, chips, more beer, cheesy 70's tunes, home.

I vote we start a new thread, as this one is too wide for my screen......

:-)</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.