New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Congratulations and celebrations!
Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 18, 2002 10:40PM

<HTML>Congratulations to Mr Fforde for the contract for TNs 3 & 4... I look forward to seeing many updates in the 'Mole' concerning allegations of 'writer's block', 'publishing delays' and 'secret trysts with Ms Lola Vavoom'.

Of course with two more books in the pipeline the agonising wait is guaranteed to continue for another couple of years, because as soon as we get 'Well of Lost Plots' we'll read it and then be agonising over the release of the next one!

Any chance of the publishers setting up a support group?

Actually, if WOLP is coming out in the summer, does anybody fancy meeting up in Swindon on the day of release? Sort of a 'Bring a book/bottle/mammoth' celebration of the joys of TN. Just a thought...</HTML>

Re: Congratulations and celebrations!
Posted by: all_american_cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 19, 2002 07:10AM

<HTML>Swindon is a LONG way for me, but if I get my passport in order to visit the inlaws in Germany, then maybe we can time it to hit Swindon for the launch! Hmmm...something to ponder!

Washington DC to Swindon :) COOL</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 19, 2002 08:15AM

<HTML>Ben, I think the summer launch is the paperback, isn't it? I thought there were only parties for hardback launches...
I only buy paperbacks, reason:
- you can hardly find any hardbacks here
- they're much @#$%& lol
- they're handier to handle
- all my shelves have got paperbacks now (except for 1 that was a present) and it'd ruin the presentation ;)

I'd love to go, but July is ALWAYS my busiest month at work and I can't go anywhere in July :(

Anyway, great idea :D</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: September 20, 2002 12:21AM

<HTML>Right, so lets get this right. You think it's a good idea, except for the idea. Hmmmm. ????</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 20, 2002 08:17AM

<HTML>No, I think it's a good idea except for the fact that I can't go :D

So can you arrange some other dtaes, under some other reason, when I *can* go? LOL</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.