New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Lost in a Good Book
Posted by: Eugene C. Lenz (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: January 15, 2002 05:54PM

<HTML>For what it's worth I prefer the first dust jacket with the small mammoth on it, the large mammoth and lettering just doesn't fit. Just a Yanks point of view.</HTML>

Re: Lost in a Good Book
Posted by: Ralph Spurrier (---.www-cache.demon.co.uk)
Date: January 16, 2002 05:26PM

<HTML>I'm with you on this one Eugene! I wasn't too keen on the Eyre Affair cover either but having set the style one might as well keep it as standard for the next title. The large mammoth looks tacky big but quite sweet small. Lettering doesn't look right either. Hodder are you listening? Don't do it!</HTML>

Posted by: vicky yates (195.50.86.---)
Date: February 01, 2002 08:59AM

<HTML>Where did you see these jackets??</HTML>

Posted by: RALPH SPURRIER (---.www-cache.demon.co.uk)
Date: February 01, 2002 05:17PM

<HTML>There are copies now showing on this website AND I have just been handed the proof of LOST by the publisher's rep. Whilst I wasn't keen on the jacket for EYRE Affair I think it is better that they should keep to the same format rather than blow up the mammoth to er...mammoth proportions. But that's publishers for you. They just love to worry things with a pointy stick. It gives the marketing people something to do after a couple of hours down the wine bar.</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.