New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
Toad Network Advertisement
Posted by: jon brierley (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: September 24, 2002 08:00PM

<HTML>By means we needn't go into I have obtained a shooting script for an advert that appeared on the Toad Network during the 1980's; script reads as follows;

EXT; sports car races up to camera (props; multi-coloured speedster if poss). THURSDAY leaps from car and walks toward camera, which dollies back as she moves.

THURS: Hi, I'm Thursday Next, SpecOps top LiteraTec, and in my job I need to be on the move constantly.

CUT to INT, KITCHEN, THURS making cup of coffee; THURS turns to camera, stirring cup.

THURS: And when I'm moving I don't always know where I'll end up; in a book, in the last century, or the day after tomorrow. (LOOKS SERIOUS) And moving fast around time and fiction can be hard on my natural rhythms. That's why I use Timeform, the new personal protection for women who need to be everywhen. Timeform's extendable wings not only provide extra protection and comfort in the here and now, but the unique ChronoGrip extends into both past and future, (SMILES) making sure I can have total confidence whenever I am. (FREEZE FRAME).

V/O; Timeform - for the woman of today who needs to be in the middle of last week.

People who have seen the advert tell me that the part of Thursday was played by Lola Vavoom in an unconvincing brown wig, and also that the product didn't sell.</HTML>

Re: Toad Network Advertisement
Posted by: all_american_cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: September 25, 2002 12:20AM

<HTML>LOL!</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: September 25, 2002 08:32AM

<HTML>oh gawd!
lololol</HTML>

Posted by: Patois (216.111.91.---)
Date: September 25, 2002 06:17PM

<HTML>Wonderful! All it needed was a personal endorsement from Jane. That would have gotten the product moving. ;-)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: October 25, 2002 11:13PM

<HTML>Question....

Why do Red Bull and Bodyform appeal to completely different targets by promising to give you wings?

Obviously some kind of advertising convergent evolution going on here...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.