New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
ebook?
Posted by: Antgeth (---.hevanet.com)
Date: May 05, 2007 03:58AM

i am an avid ebook reader, having pretty much every book i enjoy also in its electronic form.

i can therefore carry all my books in my pocket.

except for the adventures of thursday. :(

douglas adams, george orwell, ffillip pullman– all but fforde can hang out on my psp with all the ffluff in my pocket.

so, my point in typing all this, is a simple request:

where can i get ahold of an ebook version of the thursday next and/or jack spratt series?

also hopefully in pdf or, preferrably, txt form.
i can't stand DRM and don't have any devices that support it.

and if it exists nowhere but his mac, then by the GSD i'm going to scan the whole thing myself.

Re: ebook?
Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: May 05, 2007 11:00AM

E-books are o.k. if you can't get the real thing, and I suppose it allows you to carry a decent number of books if you are going on a long trip.

I know that quite a few authors avoid e-books because there are so many people out there who don't understand the need to pay for the authors' efforts........(I have no idea about Mr. Fforde's views on the subject. Perhaps we will find out at the Ffiesta.)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: Anonymous User (204.108.96.---)
Date: August 16, 2007 06:01PM

This is my first message on this forum - so I hope my answer to you is still relevant. I have all of Jasper Fforde's book in e-book format, and only one actual book! Some of the books I copied from Books on CD (for personal use only, of course) from my local library. Others I purchased from Audible.com.

Frankly, I am much more likely to remember details about a story if I have listened to it. Plus, I have a long commute to work which results in lots of time to listen and little time to read. We all have different ways to process information, so all the hardcopy book only folks should cut us some slack.

Posted by: SkidMarks (---.manc.cable.ntl.com)
Date: August 17, 2007 05:41PM

Hi Bruna, welcome to the Fforum.

There is not much point putting "for personal use only," in the message since if you are copying library copies (i.e. not yours to copy) then the copyright theft people will still be after you! I wonder what Jasper thinks about it?

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

My computer beat me at chess, but I won at kickboxing

Posted by: delacuesta (---.adsl.xs4all.nl)
Date: September 13, 2014 11:03AM

Although this has been done before, still it's nice every now and then to see the latest development in ebooks.

Experience the power of a bookbook_TM_

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.