New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
too quiet
Posted by: dave (---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date: October 06, 2002 11:36PM

<HTML>it's all gone quiet. where has everyone gone?

*tumbleweed blows across the monitor*

Well, I'm here. But not for long. Off to kent tomorrow ready for my wedding next weekend, then Barcelona for a few days..

hasta, dudes.

dave</HTML>

Re: too quiet
Posted by: all-american-cutie (---.dalect01.va.comcast.net)
Date: October 07, 2002 09:33PM

<HTML>Congrats and Good Luck, Dave. Have a fantastic wedding and honeymoon!

~Twila</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: October 07, 2002 10:39PM

<HTML>Sorry - on at ome and replying to stuff here but not too muhc. Will do more after I start the PhD - IF I get to start *rolleyes*

Anyway, I hope the cermeony goes well, and best of luck for married life. I'll be sure to raise a glass in a toast to you both (any excuse, really). And enjoy Barcelona!

And can somebody please tidy up the tumbleweed?</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: October 09, 2002 08:33AM

<HTML>Oh, I thought the wedding had been last weekend!
Well, I'm back from my travels, so I'll be around more, I hope :) (if works aloow lol)

Congrats and all the best and many hugs for you :)</HTML>

Posted by: Bob Gordon (---.talkware.net)
Date: October 11, 2002 12:35AM

<HTML>Is it still to quiet?

If so, hello from Minneapolis.</HTML>

Date: October 11, 2002 06:34PM

<HTML>Definitely quiet!

Hello to Minneapolis...

And best of luck to Dave this weekend.</HTML>

Posted by: jon brierley (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 11, 2002 08:24PM

<HTML>oooh, too quiet eh....you was all waiting for me to get back from Crete, wasn't you, you little tinkers....

good luck to Dave (if you haven't gone already)...I can recommend married life - I now get fed properly (really, the roadkill thing just wasn't working....)

I didn't see anybody in Crete reading any of Jasper's tomes, but then we didn't do much by way of beach; we were off out doing the Culture. I now know that too much Culture makes your feet hurt.

Jon</HTML>

Date: October 13, 2002 04:45PM

<HTML>Jon - you only say that cause the missus might read it ;-)

I like the idea of culture making somebody else's feet hurt. Round here culture hurts your feet when you run away from the book-burning luddite yokels...</HTML>

Re: still too quiet
Posted by: jon brierley (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: October 14, 2002 05:21PM

<HTML>It's still too damn quiet, y'know. I don't like it, sir; I think the natives are planning something....perhaps it'll be those luddite yokels I've heard tell of...they'll come streaming down from the hills, uttering their savage warcry of 'gerroffoutofityerbastard' and burning books and hurting our feet.......frankly, I'm scared.</HTML>

Date: October 14, 2002 06:07PM

<HTML>Well soldier, as soon as this damn war's over I'm going to have a little farm with Nancy and the four kids we've always dreamed of...

As Samson said to Delilah: there a bunch of Philistines round here, and the hairdressers are useless.</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: October 14, 2002 08:25PM

<HTML>I'm bored... sorry... no imagination for anything....
re-read LIAGB last week, gosh, so many details I couldn't remember!!!!!!
*kicks herself*
does it happen to you too or do you memorize everything on the first read?</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (---.telepac.pt)
Date: October 14, 2002 08:26PM

<HTML>AND

I got attracted again to the idea of the beggining of life on earth... never underestimate artificial sweets :D</HTML>

Date: October 15, 2002 12:13PM

<HTML>All right chaps, I want volunteers. It seems our agent in Portugal has been attacked by boredom and is suffering from imagination failure.

I know; ghastly, isn't it? Well, we of the Next don't leave our people behind, and I'm looking for a brave soul to fly over there, take a shufti, and drop in. You'll need to take as many anti-boredom devices as you can fit into a kitbag, plus as much imagination as you can spare. I'm sure you are all aware of the consequences of failure; remember, that's how we lost Slough.

Now, I know our back-room boys are working on an antidote (codename Well of Lost Plots) but until they come through it's up to us to do the best we can. I'm sure I can rely on you all to do your best. I'd go myself, but for this damned knee of mine.

Remember; he who dares gets a lucrative book deal.</HTML>

Date: October 15, 2002 01:23PM

<HTML>oh yay
*claps hands*
I offer food and touristic guide to those who come save me from boredom :D</HTML>

Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: October 21, 2002 01:11PM

<HTML>helloooooooooo all! Tis me, back from sunny Barcelona, to wet n windy Leeds. Boo.

Didja miss me then?</HTML>

Date: October 21, 2002 01:13PM

<HTML>Of course we did. How did the nuptuality go?</HTML>

Date: October 21, 2002 01:19PM

<HTML>YAY DAVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WELCOME!

Congratulations!!!!!!

How was everything? I want to see pics!!!!

*hugs*</HTML>

Posted by: dave (212.158.104.---)
Date: October 21, 2002 02:05PM

<HTML>nuptuals fantastic, great party, great food, lots of good friends. Really nice intimate little party. And Kate's mum's chocolate cloud cakes too. Yum.

Rained in the morning, sun came out at 12, blue skies by 3pm. Gorgeous afternoon. Been cold and wet ever since. That's what I call timing....

pictures in due course! 5-year old bridesmaid got hold of some of the disposable cameras we'd left around for people to use, so we've got a *lot* of shots of people's lower halves! Funny though.

Barcelona superb. 30 degrees, hot, sunny. Great food, great coffee, fantastic for people-watching and tapas... Shame didn't have longer there, more time to overdose on Gaudi! Visited the Casa Batllo, which is only open this year to the public. Stunning. If you're in Barcelona before the end of the year, you have GOT to go see it, it's a masterpiece - not a straight line in the whole place!</HTML>

Date: October 21, 2002 06:36PM

<HTML>Glad it went well!

5-year old bridesmaid or extreme drunkeness being covered up?</HTML>

Posted by: dave (---.addleshaw-booth.co.uk)
Date: October 23, 2002 08:58AM

<HTML>mutter mutter, drunk, whome? mutter...

bit of both, methinks...</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.