New users: Please register in the usual way and then send an email to jasper(at)jasperfforde.com with your username, and write something 'Ffordesque' so we know you are a real reader, and not some idiot trying to flood the forum with dodgy Nike and Gucci gear. Thank you - Jasper

Still having trouble? Click Here for a guide to the Fforde Fforum

last updated : April 11th 2010

ThursdayNext :  www.jasperfforde.com The fastest message board... ever.
A discussion of all things Thursday !  
Goto Thread: PreviousNext
Goto: Forum ListMessage ListNew TopicSearchLog In
WOLP in hardback first?
Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: October 15, 2002 01:22PM

<HTML>Hey guys!

I thought that the usual 'circuit' would be publish in hardback, 9 months to 1 year later the paperback, but apparently Jasper's books haven't been like that.
However, it seems that the 2 current ones are having such great sales in hardback that Well of Lost Plots is being considered for release in HB before PB. Which is AWFUL, because I usually only buy PBs :(
And it's still only next summer :(((((((((((((((( late spring at the very earliest :(

(inside information from a bookshop ;))</HTML>

Re: WOLP in hardback first?
Posted by: Jasper (---.man.dial.ntli.net)
Date: October 15, 2002 01:51PM

<HTML>Okay, here it is from the horses' mouth: As planned, TN-3 'Well of Lost Plots' will be available in Trade Paperback which is hardback size, but paperback. There will, of course, be a limited hardback run of perhaps 5000 copies, but, as I understand it at present, WOLP will NOT be a hardback first publication.

You heard it here first..

Jasper Fforde</HTML>

Posted by: jon brierley (---.abel.net.uk)
Date: October 15, 2002 02:36PM

<HTML>Is there no end to Mr. Fforde's talents? Not only is he author, aeronaut and alliterative, but he now does a ventriloquist act with a horse, apparently......</HTML>

Posted by: ScarletBea (148.177.129.---)
Date: October 15, 2002 03:22PM

<HTML>Oh thanks Jasper :)

Actually my info came from my sister who works for promotions at a top british bookstore chain, and she just used the words "it looks like...". I keep pestering her for news, maybe I should just ask here :)

Still, it doesn't stop all the Nextaholics (not so) Anonymous from going into cold turkey until next year ;)</HTML>

Posted by: poetscientistdrinker (---.cache.pol.co.uk)
Date: October 15, 2002 06:45PM

<HTML>I'm determined to buy both copies anyway.

I want something for the kids.

Hitting them with paperbacks when they make too much noise just isn't the same....</HTML>

Posted by: Terry Peterson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 17, 2002 12:54AM

<HTML>Thank you Jasper! I'll mark my calendar to start checking the UK booksellers sites. By the way, no copies of TN1 left on the shelf here in the states. I look forward to the upcoming TN1 paperback and TN2 hardback releases in a few months.</HTML>

Posted by: Emma (---.wc.optusnet.com.au)
Date: October 17, 2002 03:58AM

<HTML>sounds like you need to move to australia. have lots of TEA and LIAGB in paperback (never got to see hardcovers or trades over here)

i keep grilling the publishers rep (i work in a bookshop) so will hopefully have news for australian fans/addicts sometime next year.</HTML>

Posted by: Terry Peterson (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: October 19, 2002 04:31AM

<HTML>I'd love to visit Australia, Emma. If not only to get Jasper's books without the 6 month US publishing delay.</HTML>

Posted by: charles ronayne (---.liv.ac.uk)
Date: October 21, 2002 01:34PM

<HTML>So hang on LIAGB is out in Australia? Is it like released in all the commenwealth countries six months before any of the other countries? Or is there no apparent reason for it being released in Australia before America?</HTML>

Posted by: Lynn Flaster (---.dyn.optonline.net)
Date: October 21, 2002 01:41PM

<HTML>Hello from the States. We LOVED Eyre Affair and Lost in a Good Book. My 12 year-old daughter begged for the CD edition of Eyre so she could listen while doing her homework (hmmmm). Her favorite character was Victor Analogy because he was "at a loss for words." Who says kids don't get it? And because she is a descendent of Francis Bacon, she is now sparked to do some research. Can't wait for more. Can we have more of "Thursday" on the website?</HTML>

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
This forum powered by Phorum.